Heller 1/48 RF-84F MO AIR GUARD

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

hawkeye2an

Staff Sergeant
Mar 18, 2009
St Joseph, Missouri
User name: hawkeye2an
Name: Andy
Category: 2 Intermediate
Kit: Heller RF-84F
Scale: 1/48th.
Accessories: Aeromaster decals
Aires F-84F cockpit set
Aires F-84F wheel bay set
AMS detail set

This plane will be one of the planes in my dad's unit of the Missouri Air Guard in my hometown of St. Joseph, MO
They flew RF-84Fs from 1958 to 1961 when they transitioned to C-97 transports.

I know I don't have a lot of time for this so I've got a half dozen 2 ltr bottles of Mountain Dew on an IV drip, 96 hrs of Grateful Dead programmed (I can listen to it a couple of times) and a case of MREs in the corner, so nobody bother me with any unnecessary E-mails.

LET'S BUILD !!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• MOANG2Hangar.jpg
    MOANG2Hangar.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
great, another Cold war classic! I love that bird, big and brutish !
Can you insert your category when you have a chance, to aid juudging please?
MREs? Meals Rejected by Ethiopians !!

Sounds very good.But is that for the Cold War GB? If yes the thread title should have been ended with Group Build words.

Great one Andy! I was going to do an F-84G but time got away from me. Good to see someone's doing one of the F-84's, there were so many different ones it could be a group build in its self

Andy, the Category is your choice.
I really want to do a F84, probably one based at Wearhersfield UK, and it's on the list of 'near future' builds. I have no idea when 'near future' begins though....!

Sorry guys, but I'm going to have to opt-out for this group build. I just found out yesterday that the local airshow to be held at the end of Sept is going to feature a display of our local club's aircraft models and I have been asked to have a few more of local legend Art Hartman's air vehicles ready for that display. I will try to get involved in a future group build, but don't know how soon as I only build American aircraft and of course none of them participated in the BoB. Look for my start to finish builds of those Hartman aircraft real soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back