Hi there

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oggie2620

Airman
Apr 20, 2010
RAF Honington
Have been on some of the other forums for some time but have just found you so thought I better add you to the list and introduce myself. I have always been interested in history but now I have a specific point to aim at. I found the grave of a New Zealander in my local churchyard and since the nearest WW2 airfield is a few miles away ending up researching the young man Sgt Edgar Harvey and his crew. I have met his niece now which has enlightened us both somewhat. Since then I have become involved in both UK and NZ 75 (NZ) Sqn Assns and have just recently been to the NZ reunion. Iam reading lots about bomber command and New Zealanders and want to learn more (and more and more).

I am a serving member of the RAF based at RAF Honington and though I am a supplier I am currently working with the RAF Regiment Trainee Gunners.

Dee :)

Evan I have a pic on my phone of a Kahu A4 as the background. They are good looking a/c.

Bring back the Kiwi fighter sqns and 75 (NZ) Sqn especially! :!:

I wish they would, but unless somebody decides they REALLY want to invade the country, it's not gonna happen...(I'm ex-RNZAF myself, btw)

Re the 'Squawk', not sure if you know, but the Kahu (Maori for Australasian Harrier Hawk) name relates to the avionics upgrades of 1986. The 'K' in the A-4K/ TA-4K designation most likely reperesents 'Kiwi'..(Our Orions are also P-3K's)

Evan

Last edited:
I wish they would, but unless somebody decides they REALLY want to invade the country, it's not gonna happen...(I'm ex-RNZAF myself, btw)

Re the 'Squawk', not sure if you know, but the Kahu (Maori for Australasian Harrier Hawk) name relates to the avionics upgrades of 1986. The 'K' in the A-4K/ TA-4K designation most likely reperesents 'Kiwi'..(Our Orions are also P-3K's)

Evan

Yes Sgt Glen Turner RNZAF Arms Tech of the 75 (NZ) Sqn Assn has inducted me in the difference and very nice they are too.... Were you at Ohakea? He is still there. You can find him on Commonwealth Forces of WW2 if you want to contact him or I can get him to contact you. I am sure you would be welcome at 75s Reunion in Christchurch 2012 even if you arent a 75er....

Dee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back