hmm...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My bad, I completely read your post wrong Trackened. For some reason I thought we were talking about a Bike Race not a raft Race. How dumb of me.

well are my notions of cycling rubbing off on a few people ? hope so ! I am doing a 115 miler on Sunday into the mountains ~ Cascades and thundershowers are due..........crap ! just wait till I make camp please....

Adler find a comfy thick saddle, that is 1/2 of your problem plus some padded shorts whether they are mtn. bike baggies or very Kühl lycra team shorts. your babe' will go crazy seeing you in those :shock:

I dont know I am just a hiking man. I used to enjoy going into the Great Smokies and hiking the Ashbury Trail. I also really enjoy hiking in the Schwaebische Alpen and ofcourse in the Alps in Bavaria.

cheddar cheese said:
I did about 10 miles on Saturday. Im slowly building myself up to the longer rides cos I havent cycled for a while.

Go to the beach and ride. :)

I don't know what they're like in England, but they're the best place for riding here... Flat and empty for most of the path. Covered the ten miles back from our destination (Marina Del Rey, by Santa Monica) in an hour ten, with stops. On a mountain bike. Being ridden by a novice. With rubbing brakes. It was very fun!

Beaches here are either covered in tourists or very stony so there's not much point in taking a bike down there.

As for drink, I'll have almost any lager (not Carling), a couple of ales (mainly Spitfire) and the odd cocktail, orange Fanta, Tea and orange squash

GermansRGeniuses said:
cheddar cheese said:
I drink ... Bacardi Breezers

Aren't those alcoholic? I thought you were against the booze, you batty (and insane) bastard. ;)

Im against everything except bacardi ;)

And why cycle slowly on a beach when you can cycle fast on a road? Ive exceeded the 30mph speed limit in villages several times. ;)

So, you'll drink actually bacardi or is it piss ant bacardi breezes all the way?

cheddar cheese said:
GermansRGeniuses said:
cheddar cheese said:
I drink ... Bacardi Breezers

Aren't those alcoholic? I thought you were against the booze, you batty (and insane) bastard. ;)

Im against everything except bacardi ;)

And why cycle slowly on a beach when you can cycle fast on a road? Ive exceeded the 30mph speed limit in villages several times. ;)

The bike paths down here are smoother than the asphalt and emptier, for long stretches of it. You can go faster than on a street and cover more ground in less time, since there are no stop signs... :D

Speaking of bikes, what do you all ride?

Heres mine....an '05 Giant Boulder SE, not the greatest but it was all I could afford....

Attachments

• 1_225.jpg
    1_225.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 664

Users who are viewing this thread

Back