Hobbycraft Dornier Do-17Z 5K+EA BoB GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So I think its about time to start the decaling but I'm sorta unsure about these decals..

Should I spray them with Gloss cote ?

Also does Matt cote and gloss cote seal the decals? If so whats the point of micro sol just to adhere?

Thanks!

If in doubt about the quality or state of the decals, give them a coat of clear, sprayed on, but leave them at least 6 hours before using them.
The gloss coat applied after the decals is used to give the model an even appearance, with the final clear coat to give the desired finish - gloss, semi-matt or matt, for example.
The clear coats seal the decals against fading and cracking. The Micro Sol/Set is what 'pulls down' the decals onto the surface, eliminating silvering and making the carrier film virtually disappear, making them look a if they're painted on.
The decals need to be applied to a gloss surface to allow the Sol/Set to do its job properly, and using the sequence described, you should end up with a perfect result.

Alright I'll spray the decals with the clear cote, leave them be try them out tomorrow! Appreciate it Terry

In the meantime gonna try to finish landing gear, and then machine guns.

Forgot to mention - an acrylic clear varnish is better for the decals, although a thin coat of enamel will also work. If in doubt, test the clear coat on a piece of the decal sheet, if possible, a part which won't be used.

So there has to be something wrong done.......did you use these Micro-Set and Sol liquids?

Last edited:
Well the two little symbols near the nose the red and white ones, went on fine...

When these bigger ones were put in the water they just disintegrated

Users who are viewing this thread