How life can change in a fraction of an instant

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GrauGeist

Generalfeldmarschall zur Luftschiff Abteilung
Hey guys, bear with me here... I'm posting from an iPhone and under difficult conditions.

Many of you are friends with me at Facebook and may have an inkling about what's going on, the rest of you we'll try and get up to speed.

I was on my way home last Sunday evening (7April) and was travelling southbound in my '08 Scion tC coupe, when a northbound 2002 (or 2003) Buick jumped the center median and struck my tC headon without warning. The combined impact speed estimated out to 105 (I was doing 50) and the destruction was complete.

Personally, I don't recall much, except for moment after the impact, I came to and shut my engine off (then slipping back into unconsciousness) and then later, the excruciating pain as we were in the ER.

I think it might be quicker to list what's NOT broken on me, than the other way around, but here goes (awesome latin words exchanged for boring laymen terms):
Broken right ankle
Broken left collarbone (2 places)
7 fractured or broken ribs
Fractured L5 (backbone by the hip area)
Split sternum
Two collapsed and punctured lungs
Deep tissue damage to left hip joint

And a dead Scion...

I was released feom the hospital last night, but ended back in here early this morning with pulmonary complications.

Anyway, ya'll have been updated and I meed to get back to resting. I'll put up any late breaking news as I get it :)

Holy Crap Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad you are still with us!

I think you've given us enough late "breaking" news but I wish you a speedy recovery my friend!

Bl**dy h*ll. Saw the photo on FB and wondered why the Oxy tubes.

Ok, I'm not local to you but if theres anything we can do to help...you know, boring stuff like "Don't make me laugh cos it bl**dy hurts !" etc etc, get word to us and we'll do what we can.

The key thing is to take it easy mate and remember, we're here impatiently waiting for updates !!

Take it easy Bro

Saw some of the posts about this on facebook! Holy cow!!! Well thank god you came out of this alive! Prayers are with you, get well quick!!!!!!!

What the lads say pal! Bl**dy f*cking h*ll! I'm so glad that you're still with us! You're in my thoughts etc...
Wish you a speedy, as pianless as possible, recovery....

JHC that is some impact not many would live to tell the tale Dave.
Your car must have been strong to protect you mate.
I wish you a full and speedy recovery, keep in touch.
Take care
Best wishes
John

Damn! Wish you the best in your recovery.

Not particularly surprised you got some pulmonary complications given the broken ribs and the collapsed lungs but glad to see things are on the bed.

Be prepared for ongoing back issues though with a fractured L5 (depending where the debris went).

I found out about this this morning much to my dismay. Glad you are doing better and wishing you a speedy recovery with as little discomfort as possible. You're in our prayers Dave. And keep us posted as best you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back