How life can change in a fraction of an instant

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sure it will be a bitter pill to swallow to say goodbye to her, But she saved my life and will forever hold a warm spot in my heart

OMG!!! Sorry I'm late to this thread, but they can make another Scion. Tough to make another GrauGeist. So glad your on the mend.

Glad you're still alive Dave. Do you know what happened to the other guy?
It was an 84 year old woman who crossed over the divider and struck me head-on. From what I understand, she crushed her pelvis and both legs in addition to other injuries. No word on her condition at this point although I can't imagine the pain that poor woman must be in.

...and now my cancer has returned for a second time so the fight continues
Erich, I am very sorry to hear this and I hope that it's a minor skirmish and you'll have it whipped soon!

Last edited:
She was indeed a nice looking car Dave, but add an 'Amen ' to Thor's comment.

For whatever reason she caused the accident, can't help feeling sorry for the old woman too... can't begin to imagine how much pain you are both in right now (and God willing will never have to find out!!!)

Really sorry to read your post too Erich, damn... prayers and best wishes for both you guys' recovery!

Glad to hear your on the mend Dave!

Hugh, it was a high compression fracture with the fracturing (and seperation of small fragments) occuring to the front of the bone, leaving the rear area clear of any danger to the spinal column...

That's lucky then Dave, cord damage would have been much worse. Still wouldn't rule out pain in that region to continue though because of the weakness from the fracture. It is a major site of weight bearing after all.

I saw your post on FB and had to backtrack to find out.
I am so sorry for you having been in this, but I'm very glad that you're still here. I sure as hell hope that you recover fully and with good speed!
I pray for everyone here needing a prayer - it sure as hell doesn't hurt. ;)

It's been a month and a half since the wreck and I thought I'd give everyone a little bit of an update.

Still pretty much grounded since I can't walk (can't use the broken foot for a while yet), but the broken ribs seem to be healing up well enough. I still get air bubbles into the left chest cavity if I cough or laugh too hard, so I avoid doing either as much as possible. My left arm from the shoulder to the elbow is still numb, not sure how long that's going to last but it's annoying as h*ll...

Since my left collar was broken in two places (the with of a seatbelt), they are talking about surgery to pin the bone into place. Needless to say, it hurts like a royal b!tch most of the time. Add to that, the lower back pain (I assume from the L5) and it's still slow going...I'm not whining though, it sure beats the alternative. Speaking of which, here's a couple shots of my Scion to give you an idea of my "last ride"...

DSCN6769[720x479].jpg

DSCN6771[720x479].jpg

Clucking bells Dave...you WERE lucky to get of that wreck in (relatively) one piece.
Glad you did and good to hear that your recovery is coming along.
Regards
John

Dave, wish there was something to say/write that would make things better and go faster. I/we/us are all with you in spirit if that helps any. Spent 9mo in Walter Reed while the army put me back together and morphine became my best friend so I do understand where you are at. My mantra was "and this too shall pass"

Good to hear you're on the mend Dave, albeit slowly and painfully. More than I can say for the car! Certainly made a good job of wrecking that one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back