How Much?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There is a Brewster F3A project for sale on Courtesy aircraft for $425,000. Sound like a good deal? Take a look at the photos and decide for yourself...
N4634 Brewster Corsair Specs
A real fixer upper.
happy0009.gif

Wheels

C'mon guys, where are the pictures of all these Warbirds you're finding just lying around? I wanna see them otherwise I won't believe you either. I once thought I found the remains of a B-29 on the Sunken Atlantis Continent, but was mistaken, it was just an alien spacecraft and no one would be interested in restoring one of those.

Bet that Corsair had pedals and a chain drive;)

Last edited:
It was great to see everybody really get behind the idea of a project, but like Eric pointed out, it would take a massive amount of money to restore/maintain a machine like that. Unless it was sponsored by a major benefactor like the EAA or the Collings Foundation for example, I doubt we'd be able to pull it off :(

Well to buy, 750 shares at $1,000 each.

I suspect the annual operating/insurance would be a drain, but honestly I have no idea how much it would be.

So does it have an ejection seat or a 37mm assist? C'mon dangit. I'm waiting with baited breath.

'Baited' with mackeral or squid?

I'm not 'spell checking' - just could not resist Matt! Gawd knows I have a few out there!

PS - I played one year under Bill Peterson - ex Florida State - who thought the Lord's Prayer began with "now I lay me down to sleep..." LOL

I thought we were going for a B-25 on the tarmac in Virginia? :)

That airplane is still sitting there. The three owners live in Texas, and say the plane is not for sale.
The manager at Franklin Airport, in Franklin, Va. would like to see it removed, but the tie down fees
are paid yearly.

The cost of buying a warbird is only the first step in where the money goes. How about restoration ?
Continued maintenance ? Storage or hangar fees, and don't forget, fuel.... ? It could cost millions
to maintain.

Would you settle for a B-24 laying in the Lybian desert ???? [Photo courtesy of Roger Landry]

Charles

Attachments

• LBGpiolets.jpg
    LBGpiolets.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back