I'm Finally Back

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking good Aaron. If you have any doubts about the wing root joints, give them a quick, thin coat of matt white, or even thin silver. If any tiny gaps show up, then run a bead of PVA (white glue - Elmers I think in the 'States?) along the joint, and wipe of the excess immediately with a wet finger tip. This will shrink into the gaps when set, and can be painted over without problem.

Thank you for the glue tip Terry!!! Much obliged sir! I am taking the evening off. I have been restoring a steering wheel out of a 1960 Impala all day V-ing out cracks and filling them and sanding them and filling them and sanding them and filling them and,...well you get the idea. My fingers need a break. But I will definitely take your advice about the paint and glue.

Is that the Impala with the 'V' shaped trunk lid and high fins? (We call it the 'Boot in the UK - goes back top the days of the coach and four!).
That was one of my favourite cars when I was a kid - all due to Broderick Crawford in 'Highway Patrol'. I spent two weeks' pocket money on a Dinky Toys die cast, in 1/43 rd scale!!

Not surer which is better, the Impala or your Mustang................Just kidding Aaron , the Mustang is looking great but the Impala was an nice side track.

Lucky, I don't have a favorite either. If it's got a lot of horsepower I like it. I am in the process of getting the engine cowling to fit properly at the moment. Roads were in rough shape this morning and I didn't feel like trying to avoid all of the non-driving idiots out there. Boss told me it was better to stay home anyway.

Last edited:
I agree - the wing root joints look really smooth, good work Aaron. Don't forget to clean out that starboard elevator joint line - and make sure every opening is masked before spraying the NMF - metallic can get where smoke can't !!

Users who are viewing this thread