I'm Finally Back

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I couldn't do much about the fuel tank as I can't get it apart. The firewall is calling for a silverblack of which I don't have. If it needs to be changed I can go back over it with flat black and some of the silver will come through to give the effect they are looking for I think.

IMG_1111 model resized 20.jpg

Looks good there Aaron I do not think I have ever done the Fujumi kit?I have some Tamy's with a full set of the goods PE/resin but talk about what would be a tedious build :|.Oh you were talking supplies the other day Hobbylobby has masters paintbrushes @50% not bad brushes at all.Cheers

The engine side of the firewall should be Zinc Chromate, as is the inside of the fuselage aft of the cockpit. Other internal colours are mainly Interior Green. Don't try to take apart the radios / fuel tank, just re-paint, then pick out the frame in silver, or dull aluminium.

Ok Terry. I will give it a shot. And Javlin, thank you for the info sir. I will check that out Monday.:thumbright: Glenn, the panels are made so you can remove them but the top of the engine looks very unfinished. The engine is great from the rocker covers down but in between the rocker covers it is barren.

Last edited:
Well Aaron, it looks as if your trip to Hobby Town paid off. I have to go to Kingsport this coming Friday and I think I'll be hitting Hobby Lobby with a coupon before I head back home!:)

Your cockpit is looking fine. Great start!!

Thank you dollar. Hobby Lobby has a great selection of tools but Hobbytown USA has a greater model and paint selection. I left their address in the Jeep but will get it for you tomorrow if you like.:) :cool:

Now it looking the part Aaron ;) sale might be off by Monday but like Dollar19 said go ot the HL website and get the 40% off coupon might see something of interest.You got me thinking about that P51 Aaron with the goodies but I have the Willow pulled out been dying to get to that one.Cheers

Thank you Wurger and Javlin.:oops: I have been taking my time and trying to get it right. If you guys see anything I'm doing wrong please feel free to let me know and I will do my best to correct it. Dollar19, the address to HobbytownUSA is 2927 North Roan Street Ste2 Johnson City, TN. 37601. They have a decent selection. Not sure about the prices for I have nothing to check them against. Hope you can use them.:)

Thank you Wayne. This may be a bit of overkill but I'm trying to keep the paint thin and even.

IMG_1118 model resized 20.jpg

IMG_1119 model resized 20.jpg

I am still battling the engine mounts.:banghead: There is no mark of stop on the firewall for the struts. I may mount the firewall and then set the engine in the side holes in the fuselage and let the struts just lay in the firewall slots.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back