Images by GreyWolf

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GreyWolf

Airman
Dec 30, 2007
SpringTown, Tx.
Not sure where to post these so Ill start here and wait for some directions.
these are images I have build due to my love of WWII aviation. Started this back when I started flying online back in the MS combat flight sim 1 days. these are free to use on your desktop or folder as a screen saver. and for you information they are not screenies from any game.

Salute Wolf

Attachments

• Adolf Galland's 109 F-2 special.jpg
    Adolf Galland's 109 F-2 special.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 364
  • Black6Richthofen.jpg
    Black6Richthofen.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 364
  • fw190A-8.jpg
    fw190A-8.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 381
  • Hawker.jpg
    Hawker.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 378
  • JG 26 [II Gruppe].jpg
    JG 26 [II Gruppe].jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 416
I would be happy to share, if you are really interested.
Wolf

Attachments

• pearl.jpg
    pearl.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 328
  • Norm  Chuck show.jpg
    Norm Chuck show.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 320
  • No Name Hero.jpg
    No Name Hero.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 338
  • Knife Fight 2.jpg
    Knife Fight 2.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 311
  • spit over troubled waters.jpg
    spit over troubled waters.jpg
    387.2 KB · Views: 289
Yes my name is Chuck and I us Jasc paint shop pro, I also use photos of real and model aircrafts. Models I build myself. I really hate telling this because it seems to block the viewers imagination. I would rather you see them for what they are and not how thet are made, but with that said I would be honored and happy to share how I do this if you really want to learn. need a good camera and a photo shop program. corel ,adobe and Jasc work well.

Salute Wolf

Nice work

I'm a digital media guy so I want to know "how".

Photos of real models? They look like 3D models to me.
You must have some great lenses and lights.

The smoke and clouds look great

I'd love to see some Raw photos before they were composited.

Here is a site I post on for sometime its change hands just in the last couple of days. most of the artist are screenshot editters but there works are amazing. check it out,its a great place to get desktop images and are even great for foldering as a screensaver in Windows
Screenshot World (Powered by Invision Power Board)

Ill look for some raw images and give you some idea on how I get the lighting and editting to finalize the show images.

Salute GreyWolf aka Chuck Coon

Thanks all!
ok I found a file I save that has a bit of info on what I do. this has been a love with me for about 12 year doing photo editting.

HOW ITS DONE

Ok this is a brief note on the workings of the photo art.

SET 1... Start with a good back drop image. i look for a
shot that can inspire my imagination. ....see back image....
i had to work this one abit.

SET 23... started with 2 jpegs,bf 109 spit for a dog fighting
shot. worked both jpegs to get the detail i wanted. this takes
most of the time. then copy paste as PSP images for later paste
in back image.

SIDE NOTE............. JASC PAINT SHOP PRO ver.7
I use this program for most of my art work!

Well im not going to bore you with the details on the tricks of
the trade that i use. if you ask i will share how i use this
program.

FINAL... I view the final image for a few days. It lets me find
some of the screw up that are always in the work. when it passes
mustard i sign it and it good for public view.

PS... my only hope is that all the images i produce inspire and
challange your imagination.

here are some images that show the steps taken to build my images.
Camera is a big part but lighting is also a must. I do all my shots outside and use a blue back drop so to edit the planes out and layer into the back shot I find that works well with the lighting. also dont shoot the subject pieces to close, use you zoom to bring in the plane and you will find that most of the image in good focus. any other tips I can share please ask. I hope this give you an idea on how I make my images. Im not the best at this but after years of trial and error Im getting better.

Salute Wolf

Attachments

• back 1.jpg
    back 1.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 336
  • bf 109 jpeg 2.JPG
    bf 109 jpeg 2.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 389
  • spit jpeg 2.jpg
    spit jpeg 2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 324
  • Highcontest.jpg
    Highcontest.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 300
Mostly 1/72 but when I first started modeling I was really bad so the photo editter helped clean my brush strokes some now I air brush most of my models and have moved to a larger scale but I still do 72nd scale due to room. I currently have 130 built and about 20 in stages of work with another 15 still in boxes. never really like useing screens from the game, IL2. being a photographer it made for more realistic images. I guess I could have did this on canvas with paint but I can make an image in pretty short time and the photo real look is what I always wanted anyway. most of what I do is not alway in a historic view ,I guess there are so many airman who never get in the history books so I sometimes paint and decal in squadron and markings but try to so some honor for those who we never know. Heros all! at least to someone at home.

Salute Wolf

Attachments

• Honor.jpg
    Honor.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 313
Oh wow! i love that shot of the stang, what would you charge to print that and send it? say a 10 by 20 ? god that is great sorry i just love that pic :oops:

Not kidden either i want to frame that for my living room. i dont have a good printer that will do that pic justice please let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back