Imalko's Modelling Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Me too! It's very good, and reminds me of the 'recognition models' the RAF used to use to train pilots and gunners in aircraft recognition. Great job Igor!

Thanks mates.
Here is second of my two engined wood/metal models - Junkers Ju 88A. (If someone is wondering about the color on the wings, the answer is - this is what happens when you paint metal wings of a model with tempera water paints and then wait for some 12 years. What can I say, its natural weathering...)

Attachments

• f_0015.jpg
    f_0015.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 70
  • f_0017.jpg
    f_0017.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 90
  • f_0018.jpg
    f_0018.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 75
  • f_0020.jpg
    f_0020.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 79
  • f_0021.jpg
    f_0021.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Thanks Terry. Nice of you to say so. I know this models are nothing special and the best ones I have already shown through photos. There are few more left, but most (if not all) of them are possible candidates for rebuilding, more or less along the lines of what I did with P-51 model recently. For this particular Ju 88 model I've planed to convert it to Ju 88S one day. Or maybe to Ju 88A-1 even, as this would be appropriate for BoB GB then...
Hm, this is something I've never done before - planing which models I could build more then year ahead. That's all because of bad influence of this forum. :lol:

It certainly is a bad influence on this forum! I've suddenly found myself planning ahead for models, and actually doing them - and more than I would normally do too! It's all Jan's fault..........

Fresh out of the PTO Group Build here is the newest addition to the wood/metal models collection...

Attachments

• 9_04.jpg
    9_04.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 9_02.jpg
    9_02.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 88
Thanks for you comments guys. Hope there will be new additions to this collection in the future...

Instead of starting a new thread I'm reviving this old one, where from now on I'll be posting not only finished models but also works in progress.

So, here's one project I'm currently working on. It's a new tool 1/72 Airfix Messerschmitt Bf 109G-6. The kit is quite basic in it's layout - small number of parts, easy assembly, but lack of details. Few examples... Landing gear legs are molded as one peace with wheel covers. Cockpit details - none. Only a pilot figure and a seat. Machine gun covers on the engine cowling are molded as one big "bulge" enveloping the entire cowling instead of two smaller separate ones. This is one single thing which bothered me the most with this model, so I've decided to backdate it to an earlier Gustav and thus remove the "bulge" completely.

My choice fell to a Bf 109G-4 "Yellow 11" of 13.(Slovak)/JG 52. Those of you who had fallowed Eastern Front Group Build might remember that Andy (Crimea river) built this very same machine. Interesting detail of this aircraft camouflage is "dotted" engine cowling. The nature of color used for this dots is still debated. Assumptions range from RLM02 or RLM76 to yellow or even white. The latest profiles show this aircraft with yellow dots on the engine cowling, so I've decided to paint it that way if only to see how it will look.

What more can I say about the build... As you can see on the photos I've decided to build it "in flight" with landing gear up. The stand I built myself from wood. The cockpit will be more less filled with pilot figure, but I also added some detail there, namely the instrument panel and I closed the cockpit back wall which is none existent with original kit. Under wing cannon gondolas are provided with the kit (same as optional rocket launchers, drop tank or 250kg bomb), but I've used a spare ones from Italeri kit as they are little more detailed.

Pictures speak more then a thousand words, so here are few...

Attachments

• resize of SDC12768.JPG
    resize of SDC12768.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 74
  • resize of SDC12769.JPG
    resize of SDC12769.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 92
Great to see you back Igor, and very nice so far!
From your description of the parts, this sounds very like only a 'slightly new-tooled' version of the original Airfix 'G-6' from the mid 1960s - perhaps not up to their current standard of new-toolings. But, you've done a great job so far my friend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back