Italaerei Me 321 Gigant

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

These three pictures are from "Messerschmitt Me 321,Me 323 Gigant" by Waldemar Trojca and Gregor Trojca
20150124_151013.jpg

20150124_151035.jpg

20150124_151053.jpg

As you may have known the Me 321 cockpit was an armored tub that was attached to the airframe. In the area behind it in the Me 323 there was a radio room and gunners position. However in the Me 321 there was none of this as it was a glider, so I think all you have to worry about in this area is the cockpit. and a ladder to and from it.

...or the Hasegawa one.

One last note. In the picture of them hoisting the "tub" up to its position between the wing leading edge, please bear in mind that the dark area above and behind that gap is the building behind the plane and not the plane itself. Also the rear of the "tub" had a door or doors even with the height of the tub. I guess about shoulder high when seated.

Ok well an update on the behemoth, thanks to the pics from Capt. Vic here's the "bathtub" with a few embellishments.

me321%20007_zpsvcw9xvq6.jpg

me321%20006_zps75obcz3y.jpg

From the few pictures I've found and been sent. As with some of the more obscure aircraft I've been doing a little artistic liberty will be required. My He 177 is more or less done except for a bit of final farting around but I shelved it for the time being, got to the point where I was getting a bit bored with it which usually means walking away from it a bit in favour of something else. Seems to me I never posted any final pics of the Arado 196 either, I will get on it......at some point !

That looks damn good! Sorry, didn't know the kit was of the two seat version. The only super minor comment I can make is I believe there were 2 half doors (right and left), while it looks as if you are putting only one, judging by the hinges.

I can do bi folding doors Thanks for the tip ! I was kind of wondering about that. I think the seat backs must have folded over to the side as well to allow entry as well. I looks like the cockpit was too narrow and I can't see opening the doors only to have to climb over the seat backs ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back