Italaerei Me 321 Gigant

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bustedwing

Tech Sergeant
Dec 6, 2005
North Delta BC
Scored this bad boy a few weeks back. Fits the name ! 30 inch wingspan !!

Me321a_zps05bb4188.jpg

Me321d_zpsd65b57c5.jpg

Got a start on it, first time simulaing a wooden floor though. The interior tubing is a bit tricky to set up as well. Also there are no hinges for the clamshell doors so I made my own. Thit instructions are vague but they would have you glue them open or closed. Also there is a ton of teeny parts and the instructions aren't much help with them either. Interesting kit all the same.

Last edited:
Nice one !
I know what you mean about the instructions - the kit is from the period when the company was still known as 'Italaerei' (now called 'Italeri'), and there instruction sheets at that time were often quite vague, especially concerning the exact location and angle of smaller details parts. But that said, they were quite ahead of the field. at that time, in producing some finely detailed pars, and nice kits, at (then) very reasonable prices.
That's going to be an impressive model when done, especially if it's part of a diorama - but imagine what it would be like in 1/48th scale!
If it's got a 30 inch span in 1/72nd scale, then it would be almost four feet (about 45 inches) in 1/48th scale !!!

Mi amigo Bustedwing :arrow: It will be very interesting to see the construction of this monster. :shock:

Is known about its existence Giant 1/48 and who produces it?
Have a very good start ... will continue pending.

Saludos compañero. :thumbup:

SANCER

Back on the Me 321 Sloth. Some added detail in the wing behind the cockpit that is visible. Again I am onto a kit with little or no referance pictures of the cockpit so I'm going to wing it a bit.

me321%20001_zpsmkjst3ng.jpg

me321%20003_zpsbqqjnhd9.jpg

From what I can find there are only two pics of the cockpit, the first version with one pilot and the second with two. The 321 used a steering wheel, the 323 used a yolk. If anyone has any other pics of the cockpit please post them or a site with more info I'm Googleified right now !!

Great stuff !
I'm sure I've seen some pics somewhere of the cockpit, flight deck area, and gun positions, probably on the powered version, and i think they might have been on this forum, some time ago.

Sorry, all the pics of the 321 cockpit I had Geo has already posted. Jim (aka Capt Vic) bought a really good book on this subject, hopefully he has it in hand now and might be able to find something.

It is a very interesting airplane Bustedwing, your building looks good so far and I am sure you will have excellent information and pics of our companions. :grouphuuug:

I'll keep an eye on your progress. :thumbup:

Saludos cordiales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back