I've lost another friend

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
Last year it was a girl I knew in school named Karah, and today I've been informed a friend I played baseball with for 8 years committed suicide last night. I just don't get it, when does my sh*t luck run out? I went to middle school and high school with this kid and its just weird knowing he's not going to be there anymore. The below article is what they knew last night now they know it was a suicide.

Tewksbury teenager taken to hospital with apparent gunshot wound | NJ.com

Wow, sorry to hear that Harrison.

This isn't your sh!t luck running out, you're the strong one. Even with everything thats going on around you, you keep on thinking of others around you.

My thought are with you. Keep strong, and feel free to vent here.

I mean between my brother being in and out of rehab, a friend dying last year, and now this i just am losing faith that something good is going to happen. Ever.

Well, it may sound harsh, but those are other peoples problems. Yes, you have been caught up in them, but you cannot control them, only your reaction. Don't lose hope. That's a very dark place to go.

The Volunteer Fire Brigade is a good thing, right? There have to be other things that have happened, or are happening

Mate,
You can't Lose control over things you Cannot control.
You can grieve.
You can offer help, a shoulder, a place to go, but in the end.....
it is Out of your control.

It's a tough thing to understand for a 16 year old.
Just keep in mind that you Do have control of Your own fate.
Your first obligation, is to Yourself.
You need to be a strong example for those around you.

Take care of yourself mate.

Bill

I like what gumbyk said.......Your the strong one. We have ALL gone through tough times where event after event happens that tests our faith and questions life. The winners stick it out, plow through the BS, and come out all the stronger and wiser on the other end. Your still young. Believe me, all us older guys have "been there----done that". I know it doesn't seem like it on the bad days, but it WILL get better.

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said, but don't loose hope Harrison. Stay strong and don't loose faith. We are all here to help. And you have your family to! Don't forget them.

When I was growing up we were a bunch kids together since oh the 3rd grade, maybe 20-30 of us,some moved etc. but it was pretty much a core group going from 3rd grade until graduating from high school. Out of the whole group there is maybe 9-10 left,whether it was od'ing,bad drug deals,the wrong end of the stick etc. It's up to you to take the right path. What i'm getting at is there are dark days for everyone but it's up to you to make the right choices. There is light at the end of the tunnel,just don't loose sight of it.

My nephew took his own life 12 years ago. That same year, my sister-in-law's brother was beaten to death in the street. To get over your own child passing is bad enough, but to lose a brother and son within 3 months of each other would be an ultimate test of faith and fortitude. How my bro and my sister-in-law got through it, I often wonder about. I think that because their faith is strong, it helped them. I know that it's different for everyone, and everyone's coping system is different, but it seems that time does heal all wounds, you just need to weather the tough times.

I can't really add much to what's been said before, Harrison. Life can be a cast-iron b!tch at times, but keep in mind that while it sucks right now, these things are temporary. Folks spout off the cute cliche's like "time heals all wounds" because at the heart of it, there's a grain of truth. I had a friend in HS who tried to commit suicide, ended up spending his senior year (and the last couple of his life) in bed, paralyzed from the neck down. Yeah, it sucks. Been there done that hate the Tshirt. At times like these, never forget that we're here. Everyone needs a place to vent, a way to let off steam. If you want to spill it out on your keyboard (or phone, I dont' know of a guy or gal here who wouldn't hesitate to give out their number if you needed an ear), go for it. If you prefer a physical outlet, go hammer the ice and beat some hockey pucks into submission. Don't bottle it up! And also remember that your life is YOUR LIFE, and you define IT, not the other way around. Hardship makes us who we are, we decide how to handle the hardships. You seem to me, my friend, like the kind of guy who takes Life's haymakers on the jaw, spits out a tooth, then gives Life that "is that all you got" look.

Harrison..don't lose heart mate, it's not your fault.

As Gumby said, it is a very dark place in which these people walk, in most cases you cannot help them. They aren't concerned with the outside world at all, only their own escape from it.
(Trust me on that. My own life was only spared in 'extremely unusual' circumstances, shall we say. Only then became aware someone wants me to stick around, some reasons I know already, others still to be revealed)

Your'e a great guy Harrison, who really cares for people. Anyone who calls you a mate is very lucky indeed.
Try not to lose hope for those who've gone, I believe they will have another chance. Rather appreciate more those we still have while we can. And never forget...no-one is here by mistake - we all have our reason for being, whether known to us or not.

I know the feeling H! I've lost friends in accidents, illness and suicide, that's where your family and friends come in, like us, I'm sure that if you needed to talk, anyone here would be right there for you in a heartbeat...
You've got my mobile number, you can text me anytime you feel like it, ok?

Whatever you do, don't lose hope or faith...

Honestly I'm so thankful to have met such a great group of guys online who care, I really appreciate the advice all of you have given me. Today is going to be pretty rough in school and we won't do much of anything but, as said before I'm just going to keep rolling with the punches. How I react is either going to keep me hanging along for the ride or its going to make me let go. The more I think about it the more I realize I have too much at stake for me not to be there for my family or friends.

I really can't add anything that hasn't been said already. All I can say is keep you chin up Harrison, you still have people offline and online who care. It may be petty, but I know the feeling. I knew two people back when I was working during high school. Both of them were lost in car accidents.

We're here for you Harrison. You're not responsible for other peoples choices and your circle of influence is only so large. You've already taken the first step toward overcoming this, you're talking about it. It's when you hold all this in that you need real help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back