Junkers Ju87 B-2, S7+KH, Libya, 1942 Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks lads, cheers for the link KG, rivet decals would be much less time consuming! I'm going to wait for the rivetting tool and see how I get on.

Those rivetting tools arrived yesterday, will post some pics when i get home from work, I tried one out on a bit of scrap plastic, they make nice little recessed rivets.

Lots of sanding and rescribing on the cards for the next few days.....

Thanks guys :)

Here's the 1/32 rivetting tool, I got a 1/48 one as well. Also a quick try on a bit of plastic card.

rivettool.jpg

Well I started rivetting along the top of the fuselage where I sanded all the raised rivets off. I got 3 lines of rivets done and got a bit p!ssed off, especially looking at all the other ones I need to sand off and redo. Don't know if this crate will be done for this GB I'm afraid!

Must admit, I wouldn't fancy having to do each individual rivet on that bird Keith! Why not just do those areas where it would be obvious, or where you think it needs it? After all, a lot of it won't be visible that much, under the paint, unless you look very closely.

Yes Keith, follow Terry's advice, take two medicinal scotches and continue on. Give us some progress photos in the morning!

It really can't be that bad.8)

HTH

Cheers

Peter

Thanks for the encouragement lads, but even if I persevere with all this rivetting, I still don't think I'd get it finished in time. I don't think I really have the patience either.

It looks like this kit is going to be a work in progress for a long time, I'll take it out every so often and do a bit with it.

If I get my Trumpeter P-40's soon, I'll start a desert RAF Kittyhawk for this GB, I might get that finished in time. I don't want to miss out on the MTO GB badge!

Thanks for the encouragement lads, but even if I persevere with all this rivetting, I still don't think I'd get it finished in time. I don't think I really have the patience either.

It looks like this kit is going to be a work in progress for a long time, I'll take it out every so often and do a bit with it.

If I get my Trumpeter P-40's soon, I'll start a desert RAF Kittyhawk for this GB, I might get that finished in time. I don't want to miss out on the MTO GB badge!

Aw bummer. I was really looking forward to seeing the camo job that plane. :(

I might do a HE-111 for the next GB KG, same camo scheme! :D

2.II/KG26, 1H+FK, it had anti-shipping role in the western med, based at Ottana, Sicily in 1943.

2_19.gif

(Pic courtesy of wings palette)

I might do a HE-111 for the next GB KG, same camo scheme! :D

2.II/KG26, 1H+FK, it had anti-shipping role in the western med, based at Ottana, Sicily in 1943.

2_19.gif

(Pic courtesy of wings palette)

:lol:

I had that one on radar as well. :) No problemo, I can find another one to build. I think I might have a couple of kits to choose from. :lol:

Maybe a HS 129 or a Me 410. Would those classify?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back