Junkers Ju87 B-2, S7+KH, Libya, 1942 Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I just got back yesterday, had a great time in New England. I'll be making a start on this soon.

Cheers for that profile Paul, it looks a lot darker than the profile I posted earlier in the thread, the RLM 79 looks much closer to the white ensign paint I have too. I still need a kick in the ass to make a start on this. :oops:

:D @ Terry!

I've been looking at the kit and at the interior pics posted in Corey's thread, I'm going to try some interior scratchbuilding on this one, it needs some levers and some wiring done. Also, looking at the raised detail on the fuselage and wings, rescribing seems a bit scary! I might hold off on that for this one, I don't know how to sand the raised panel lines without removing the rivet detail. I think using Waynes pastel method along the panel lines will be ok.

Maybe Dan, I might give it a try somewhere inconspicuous. I was doing a bit of research and found a review of an Eduard photoetch detail kit for the cockpit and some exterior features. I'm trying to find an online shop with it in stock. It looks really nice! 8)

Eduard 32-033 for Revell Ju-87B

Did a bit more research on this kit, I found an old build report from a bloke in Switzerland. He sanded the whole thing down to remove the panel-lines and the rivets. He reckons raised rivet detail on the kit were all the rage in the 70's, and like the fashion of those times was a bit over the top! Plus they weren't that prominent on the real thing, so I'm going with a complete wet sand and rescribe on this bird. Just waiting on a scriber I ordered to come.

I'm not having much luck finding the PE detail set for this so it looks like any interior detail will have to be scratchbuilt. I think I might invest in a set of those really small files Dr. Wojtek has for his plastic surgery.

This kit has as many rivets Terry! I need some drawings to see where the various panel lines go, I was looking for ages on google and not having much luck, then I found a link to a great site with loads of 3 view drawings.... in the tech section here! Doh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back