Junkers Ju87 B-2, S7+KH, Libya, 1942 Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well I have finally made a start on this crate. All I have done so far is taken the cockpit components off the sprue, cleaned them up a bit and dry-fitted them to see how they look. I've been inspired by Terry's work on the interior of his Beaufighter and will attempt to make it a bit more busy in there with some plastic and wires. Will post pics when I can.

Well I didn't get much done this morning after work, I was falling asleep! I started to work on the gunners seat. From what I can tell, the seat is a metal frame with straps criss-crossed on it. The kit part just shows a representation of this with raised lines. So I decided to cut out the excess plastic and see how my new needle files work. I got it about halfway and then called it a day.

Cockpit parts dry-fitted.

cockpit1-2.jpg

cockpit2-1.jpg

Gunners seat half done.

cockpit3-1.jpg

Will try and finish the seat in the morning, also adding some milliput cushioning on the pilots seat.

Yep..looking very nice. But it would be easier if you would make the seat scratchbuilt using a thin copper wire I thought.

Never thought of that Wojtek, I think I'll keep going with the kit part. The center 'square' won't be removed because the pedastel to attach the seat to the floor is under that, it'll be covered over with the scratched seatbelts and hopefully won't be too noticable. I'm also thinking of removing the moulded levers in the side part and replacing them with scratched ones.

cockpit4.jpg

Got the gunners seat finished and the pilots seat 'milliputted' :)

SL380002.gif

Adding some wires made with streched sprue and some levers now.

Love the new animated banner on top! Well done whoever did that! 8)

Cheers fellas :)

All the interior detail I'm going to do is done. Just need to finish the seatbelts.

SL380020.gif

seat.jpg

Some nice work you got going on there Keith ;) Cheers Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back