Junkers Ju87 B-2, S7+KH, Libya, 1942 Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers fellas, I might do the levers again, those knobs look a bit big! :lol:

Harrison, its a thin piece of metal with various shapes cut out of it. You use them for scribing lines and shapes in the plastic. Never used one, but they look handy. Plus I saw one on Dr. Wojteks operating table ;)

It looks something like this.

imagemagic.php._l.jpg

Cheers fellas, I might do the levers again, those knobs look a bit big! :lol:

Harrison, its a thin piece of metal with various shapes cut out of it. You use them for scribing lines and shapes in the plastic. Never used one, but they look handy. Plus I saw one on Dr. Wojteks operating table ;)

It looks something like this.

imagemagic.php._l.jpg

Oh! Thanks!

Cheers fellas :) I'll see when I'm about to close up the fuselage, I might still change them. Right now I'm awake 30 hours, finished work this morning at
7am after a 12 hour shift, decided to do a bit on the Stuka. I wasn't going to bother doing the engine, just maybe give it a coat of steel, cos the cowling
will be in place and it won't be seen, but when I put it together it was really bad, one seam higher than the other and loads of flash, so I cleaned it up and glued it it together, lots of filing, filling and sanding done on it.

Did the bombs too, they were the same, and the wheels, AND the prop! :lol: Not a great kit fit-wise so far.

I got them all cleaned up and glued.

SL380011.gif

Then I took the dogs to the beach for a run. Came back and primed the parts.

SL380013.gif

Then watched the Singapore Grand Prix. Started painting the bits, had a lot of hassle with the airbrush, I had to take it apart a couple of times to clean it.

Went out for lunch with herself. Came back and over the evening got most of the bits painted.

I painted the bombs with panzer grey, don't know how accurate that is. Painted the engine black, drybrushed with gunmetal, aluminium, various shades of brown too. Also painted the props/spinner. Props in the pic have one coat of black green brush painted on, they need another.

SL380016.gif

Thats it for now, going to bed, I'm bollixed!

Cheers fellas, going to sand and scribe the tyres today. The threads are raised. The kit instructons say the wheels are to be painted steel, but I'm going with RLM02. the engine needs a wash of oils too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back