kawasaki KI-100 1b otsu - Maj. Teruhiko Kobayashi

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

destrozas

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 12, 2010
ki100%20tony_zpscig3f64h.jpg

Otaki represents the model of the canopy version ki-type 5 100ib hunting, Otsu Ki-100-1. They were issued with two different representations, both from the same kit (one called the plane of the Ki-100 "Goshiki"). Arii who later took over from Otaki, issued the same Ki-100 kit "Goshikisen," number of A325 kit (mine).

This kit simple injection molding contains 44 pieces of colored light gray attachments to 3 trees. The pieces are smooth, clean and have relatively precise lines engraved panels in negative in most of the places represented rivets also negative, but slightly oversized on all exterior surfaces of the kit. Although the pattern is tolerably accurate, although it will be displayed more prominently than desired, especially in natural metal finish (MFN) aircraft. However, only diehard attempt to fill these depressions. Another alternative is to lightly sand the surfaces to help reduce the depth of the impressions. Still, the work will not be as pronounced rivet remarkable if a plane upper surfaces verdant green speckled or solid is selected. (The case of the plane that montare).

One piece canopy is closed and according to contemporary standards, is slightly thick, thick and opaque, also suffers from tiny distortions in the clear styrene. With a floor wax dip, as the future, it can help vacuforme or replacement would be even better. There are no spare parts, no manufacturer makes improvements to this model forgotten, however, improvements for Hasegawa kit are quite acceptable and does not need to manipulate the fuselage almost APRA adapt.
Representation of a seated pilot, his uniform is very raw and does not represent contemporary standards. Still, it is a figure acceptable means for mounting on the cockpit.

Instruction sheet kit consists of a single long page into two panels printed in brown and white on both sides (and is yellow with the passage of time), all in Japanese. Treemap represents the party, although the drawings simple instructions ten steps are clear enough to interpret without an understanding of the Japanese ,, represented exploded drawings and two drawn profile, represented 7 aircraft in the decals of kit. Fortunately for the English speaking modeler a sheet of supplemental instructions printed in English, the sheet contains a list of parts, written instructions step by step to building, and instructions for painting of the two options presented. However, there are graphic illustrations of two of the models does not represent instructions.

The option you have is to build the famous one sentai 244th Fighter Group in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Chutai in Japan for early summer 1945 option, including the famous Japanese piloted by pilot and squadron commander Maj. Teruhiko Kobayashi

65_27.jpg

no ki-100 represent the British Museum in rebuilding that made him paint as ki-61 flown by the same pilot

Ki-100KobayashiRestored_zpsnswhpdzf.jpg

Construction is simple and straightforward. However, the kits have been around for several years, and therefore do not necessarily coincide with labor standards work now evident in recent kits. Fortunately, the parts go together well with few problems. But the cabin in Step One will provide perhaps the greatest challenge. This region is crude by modern standards. Except for the dials and gauges on the instrument panel reliveen, everything else is fine inaccurate to say, for example, few details shown on the sides of the cabin are both very shallow and fiction. The seat is totally wrong for Tonys, the board raised floor with its details is a work of fantasy, to correct these problems, acquire any of the recent improvement kits ki- 100 Hasegawa 1/48 scale and build a new interior.

cockpit%20japo011_zpsplpfkvzw.jpg

IMG_4598_zpsw78txddo.jpg

the cockpit is painted like the ki-61 as looking for more i look around I had to paint the same aircraft that survived is erroneous because the bamboo green interior, Kawasaki did not use, since none of their aircraft at no clutch tube and in original parts you can see the characteristic yellow bamboo era and the construction company.

but of course this is my opinion is not a study that can be given as the basis, for nothing is my intention, it's just my interpretation

IMG_4634_zps0lezuhm1.jpg

IMG_4635_zpsmxrfkdpx.jpg

IMG_4640_zpsqbpsh8oz.jpg

IMG_4641_zps8tysyozq.jpg

IMG_4642_zpsenl15xhp.jpg

IMG_4643_zpszjvqz7dh.jpg

thanks fellas.....

forgive but time i was right and finish projects the GB did not have time to continue making progress, coenctarme'm connecting me from the phone when I can to see and read your work, now I update the plane so I would not delay much with the actual assembly time.

the cockpit

IMG_4632_zpsk8fm7ky5.jpg

IMG_4634_zps0lezuhm1.jpg

IMG_4635_zpsmxrfkdpx.jpg

IMG_4641_zps8tysyozq.jpg

IMG_4642_zpsenl15xhp.jpg

assembled the plane to start caulk little since the plane is pretty good and fits well.

IMG_4684_zpskelrv2n0.jpg

IMG_4685_zpsdfej9bc3.jpg

IMG_4686_zpsg23cay4j.jpg

IMG_4687_zpsaxb7a6ue.jpg

inside the engine as I eliminated leaks in the kit and do some home, but also make the inlet air after leaving the supercharger

IMG_4815_zpssvleqhfn.jpg

IMG_4729_zpsgj4pomk0.jpg

IMG_4727_zpscvs61e3s.jpg

IMG_4816_zpsnyucbpib.jpg

After that I gave a glossy black primer to highlight some rivets since the polyurethane paint is strong adhesion

thanks to all,

After a few days I busy with other things I put the batteries and two tugs I'm painting it as siemrpe I do for this type of black base aircraft and on this layer aluminum polyurethane to react with the black and adhere firmly so I can polish a bit

IMG_4863_zpsipltwuqy.jpg

IMG_4864_zps8shzlxpo.jpg

IMG_4865_zpsfxzc1tfk.jpg

IMG_4866_zpsdbfdvmpn.jpg

While the aluminum drying two days of drying at 28 ° C for good tanning painting and subsequent polishing stay as you see above these lines, what with the technique of salt give where you want it to leave the chipped

IMG_4888_zpsnpazxhks.jpg

let it dry for 36 hours elimianr excess water to be lightly salt the union of painting and the dark green of nakijima give a thin layer and then continue applying layers of color but more so it is worn

IMG_4895_zpsuznz80sm.jpg

IMG_4896_zps27ct3kzw.jpg

Very nice Sergio love the effect with salt, you always get an amazing finish with it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back