Kyusyu J7W1 "Shinden" CGI Project

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I find not a few unfavorable fitting of parts from the first step. This will be the 千里の道も一歩から(senri no michi mo ippo kara = a thousand miles road starts from the first one step). Thanks.

Looked good but -
J7W1_04.JPG
J7W1_05.JPG

Are those spring tabs at trailing edge of the Shinden's flaps? This would give it better high-speed maneuvering. That explains why it has good high-speed maneuvering in War Thunder ;)

Last edited:
Thanks every one for kind comments. Here is my story for this model.
In 2004 when I began 3D modelling, I came across an excellent work of the J7W1 by Muneo Hosaka who was then one of the most famous CGI creators in Japan. As I had a set of 3-view drawings by Minoru Matsuba which I introduced in the previous page, I asked my friend who was also then a CAD operator to trace lines for me but he had given up as the lines were too much detailed and looked complicated.
Yes, I am thinking the production type of J7W1 as this is my first challenge of the model in 18 years.

J7W1 by Muneo Hosaka
J7W1_by_Muneo_Hosaka.jpg

A defeat of prejudice.
I thought the main landing gear was retracted by the actuator directly but did not fit in length like this image.
According to FAOW and Maru-mecha, the gear was borrowed from a C6N Saiun. So, re-challenging it. Thanks.

J7W1_08.JPG

C6N Saiun's landing gear
C6N_Saiun_Landing_gear.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back