'Langnasen Dora' Fw 190D-9's

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So, the short and skinny of it, if I want to do Clemens Schmoll's 'Red 13' (WNr. 210913), I'll have to repaint the lower wings, change the RLM 83 to RLM 76? Much obliged old boy! Get on it after some fresh air and shop visit...

That depends on what you've done with the lower wings - while the few 2109xx a/c known are thought to have all RLM76 or W2 (the front half of the wing painted), its also possible that they had RLM83 front halves of the lower wing; the fact is very little is known about the 2109xx batches, other than some upper surface images... Which seem to show RLM82/83 wings and upper fuselage, with RLM81 fin Mottles...

Well, took your advice old chap, it has been repainted now, lower wings from RLM 83, to RLM 76 and aluminium (chose to keep that), also changed the gear doors...
Top camouflage next....

DSCF0001-184.jpg

DSCF0002-167.jpg

DSCF0003-162.jpg

DSCF0004-139.jpg

DSCF0005-125.jpg

DSCF0006-102.jpg

Well, since I don't have the RLM (82) that I want and those where I usually buy my Vallejo, are closed for stock stake and holidays until mid July, or out of stock, I decided to try to mix something similar or close to myself.....a bit darker and more olive, or?

DSCF0001-185.jpg

DSCF0002-168.jpg

Looking a llittle bit too yellowish and light. But taking into consideration that it is a mix I must say looking good. Here you are a sample of the colour....

4792_01.jpg

IMG_4001.jpg

model-master-ii-enamel-dunkelgrun-semi-gloss-dark-green-rlm82.jpg

Looks like Wojtek setting you on the right track Jan, but I'm curious with seeing all those tanks in the background. How many kits have you got on the go at the moment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back