Lockheed P-38J Lightning Lt. Colonel Charles H. Macdonald - Aircraft of the Aces GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, it's been a while. Since the cold weather hit I have been working 13 on, 1 off and I have just been to tired to model. Managing to get some modelling done today so I hope to post some updates and look at the excellent work of everybody else.

As I started to scroll through the backlog of post I need to catch up with, how delighted I was to see a P-38 in the GB. I have a soft spot for this aircraft Bruce but as yet have not attempted one. Hope you find time to finish it with the heavy schedule your running.

Between last night and this morning I managed to get the cockpit done and the fuselage/wing assembley cemented together. There are going to be some lines to fill and sand which will be a pain due to the NMF, but I do prefer this kit to the Hasegawa offering. It may not be as detailed and fit quite as nice, but is one hell of a lot easier to get aligned properly.

100_1020_640x480.JPG

100_1021_640x480.JPG

I am starting to think I should not have done this second model. Between work, the holidays and other things I have no time. Now that the whining is out of the way, here is some progress.

100_1022_640x480.JPG

100_1023_640x480.JPG

P.S.

As if I weren't having enough fun in my life, I quit smoking cold turkey at 10:00 PM, Wednesday Nov. 9. Withdrawal sucks.

Hey Bruce, that's looking great!
Now, how the **** do you do this quit smoking thing? If I was to quit, I could maybe afford more kits, or even one of those things called 'Holidays' - whatever they are !!

Thanks guys

Hey Bruce, that's looking great!
Now, how the **** do you do this quit smoking thing? If I was to quit, I could maybe afford more kits, or even one of those things called 'Holidays' - whatever they are !!

Prayer helps and so does the fact that I am saving about $70.00 a week by not smoking, but damn I did enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back