Log - In Problem

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
Over the past 18 hours, I have had a problem logging - in to the forum site.
I have carried out the usual procedure, by entering username and password, then clicking on log - in. This allows access, with the 'Welcome' message etc. When clicking on 'Warbird Forums', again, access is allowed, but the page is displayed as a 'Guest' would see it, with no access to the reply or other message facilities. The only way I have been able to gain full access, is to exit totally, including Internet connection, and start again. Sometimes, this has taken two attempts.
I have not had this problem gaining access to any other web-site, so I think I can discount any 'malicious action' by the fake anti - virus programme that had 'invaded' my PC, which has now been disposed of.
Any ideas, or remedies anyone?
Terry.

Thanks Marcel. That could be the problem. I had a fake anti-virus programme that 'invaded' my PC, and had the whole system cleaned last night. Must have cleared or blocked all cookies. I'll have it looked at, as I can't find my way round the system!
Terry.

Marcel is right.These cookies can be blocked.Reset all of them in your Net browser firstly.Secondly if you had your computer "invaded" you should consider your OS re-installation Terry.How has your HDD been partitioned?

Thanks Wojtek. It's all taken care of now, regarding forum access, and my computer. My friend, who originally updated my PC, is a software designer, and he came around to completely 'clean' and check over the whole system. He's installed a new, very high security anti-virus and anti-spyware system, used in 'the trade', and ensured everything is 'clean' and safe. The reason I couldn't gain 'members' access to the forum was, because he had cleared EVERYTHING ! He's now unblocked the relevant 'cookies', and instructed the new software to recognise them. So, it now seems to be working perfectly.
Thanks again,
Terry.

I have a similar problem, only it goes like this - I log in, then something comes up and I have to move away from my machine (without logging out) then I come back 30 minutes later and I find I've automatically been logged out. I suspect my connection is the problem, but has any of you got the same problem?

Thanks Marcel. That could be the problem. I had a fake anti-virus programme that 'invaded' my PC, and had the whole system cleaned last night. Must have cleared or blocked all cookies. I'll have it looked at, as I can't find my way round the system!
Terry.

hey man what sort of anti-virus program you running cause I got a similar virus and it is ANNOYING THE HECK OUT OF ME

Scooter, for freebies, try the german "Avira".

For pay antivirus, get Kaspersky. But make sure you got enough RAM, that pig is a memory hog...well, to be fair, nearly all antivirals are.

DANG this "cutoff" problem happened again...IN THE MIDDLE OF MY POSTING IN THE TANK GUNS THREAD!!!

Why is this happening???

I'm no PC expert but I would check your sleep settings - you may have them set to a few minutes and inactivity for even a minute will kick in. Only a guess.

Scooter '92, the anti-virus I'm running now is called 'Rising Antivirus'. It was installed by a friend who has a software design house, and it's used in the trade for protection of customer's back-up's, on-line support etc. It's from China, and excellent. Don't know if it's free or not, but can find out if you want. I'm also running 'Spyware Terminator', from the same source, which does a complete scan and block as soon as you switch on your PC, and all the time when on.
Terry.

Was the entire site down yesterday? I could log in only now! Previously I got the message "The server may be offline...try later!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back