Made in Russia: Tiger Tank Replica (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

imalko

Chief Master Sergeant
Mar 2, 2009
Vojvodina, Serbia
Found out about this just today, so I thought to share...
Fully functional replica of German WW2 tank PzKpfw VI Tiger Ausf. E has been made in Russia. Reportedly it is to be used in filming the motion picture titled "The White Tiger" directed Karen Shakhnazarov. Here's the link where you can see a lot of pictures of manufacturing process. There's a short text in Russian, but I believe that pictures speak pretty much for themselves.

МакеÑ'Ñ‹ / Танк "Тигр I"

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 35,055
That is cool!It looks like they cut the transmission or gearbox off of something else for the front sprocket.

*drool* My Christmas list just keeps getting longer. But practical, too....morning rush-hour traffic? Not anymore! Cut me off on the road? HE locked and loaded! Road rage? I never notice any. :evil4:

Great find Igor!

A Hungarian guy made a working 1:1 replica too (also a Panther!) which he regularly shows army displays. Both have had to have their chassis exchanged for modified T-34 items unfortunately, the originals couldn't take the weight apparently.

Very cool, nice find, wonder how true-to-life? The originals were not very mechanically reliable and the clone does not need all that armour

That thing can't weigh but a fraction of what a real Tiger would have. That turret steel looks like only about 1/4 or 6-7mm, if it was thicker, it wouldn't need that steel tube inner structure. A real Tiger was over 100mm thick in some places in the turret armor.

Just needs to look the part, and act the part, for the movie. I think it'll certainly do that. If mixed with very large-scale models in some shots, the effect (on the screen) should be exceptional. Here's a pic of a couple of large R/C models used in other productions.

Attachments

• tiger-1-3030b.jpg
    tiger-1-3030b.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 16,421

Users who are viewing this thread

Back