Me 109 K4 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ajcmac

Airman 1st Class
Aug 29, 2009
Vila Real
I started with a model just arrived. The Messerschmitt 109 K4 on the scale of the Trumpeter 1/24. I made a pre mounting and it seems to me that everything fits right.
The problem, excessive injection marks.
Only the floor of the cockpit are 17, in the remaining pieces more 18. Not bad. It is difficult to realize since the side that is not seen none. And not counting 10 more on each side of the fuselage.

MeK401.gif

MeK402.gif

MeK403.gif

The cockpit.

MeK404.gif

MeK405.gif

MeK406.gif

The engine is almost ready for painting.

MeK407.gif

MeK408.gif

I have done the G6 from Trump and is a very nice build up.Like most Luft planes the legs can be an issue for breakage and so it was on one leg of mine and ended up pinning it.Have fun it's a great fitting kit.Cheers

I agree these stamp marks are a pain in our a$$.But there aren't too many modelmakers who take care of that.

At least the injection marks provide experience in delicate control of the scalpel and file!! Looks like a nicely detailed kit, look forward to the progress.

The model of the Hasegawa Me 109 K4 on the scale 1/32 says that this plane was piloted by Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann. The trumpeter makes no reference to the pilot and says only that the plane belonged to a Stab 1 / JG 52, Czechoslovakia 1945 .
Someone can give me a hand? This model represent or not Hartmann's plane?

I was thinking that it did as it has the remnants of the black rose pattern under the yellow on the nose. Also hard to see but looks like in the profile under the canopy is the small red heart with the word "Usch" in it. If so, that's "Bubbi's" plane.

It's Erich Hartmann's.

Nice job so far. I'll agree with the others and say that those injector marks are horrible. Good luck with the build, it's nice to see something in 1/24th.

Last edited:
Looks like a great kit and will watch this with great intrest.

Well i hate to disappoint you but to date there is no photo that shows what Hartmanns final mount looks like in its entirety, it is a possibility at best....in fact I'm not even sure he flew the K-4? files to check!

IIRC the last aircraft that can be shown photographically as Hartmann's is a G-10.

Well i hate to disappoint you but to date there is no photo that shows what Hartmanns final mount looks like in its entirety, it is a possibility at best....in fact I'm not even sure he flew the K-4? files to check!

IIRC the last aircraft that can be shown photographically as Hartmann's is a G-10.

He also did a stint in 262s I believe. I must admit I haven't seen photos of this one either and that I was relying on the depiction in the instruction sheets as having the markings normally associated with Hartmann's machines.

He also did a stint in 262s I believe. I must admit I haven't seen photos of this one either and that I was relying on the depiction in the instruction sheets as having the markings normally associated with Hartmann's machines.

Hartmann never flew the 262. He was invited to join JV44 but declined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back