Me 262 Mistel combination, projected - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Evan, I must confess I usually look for photos, not much text reading. Was not aware of your plight. Sorry to read of the stress you are going thru. Happened to me in the late 60's. I worked for Kaiser Aluminum, in a wire and cable manufacturing plant in California. I was doing drafting for the plant engineer. The plant manager was changed from a great guy who hired and promoted on talent and capability to one nicknamed Hatchet Harmen. This bloke didn't like anyone who didn't have a college degree. I was the first to go, no warning. By the time he got thru, and replaced himself, he had gone thru all the dept heads and shift foremen. Production went down so far shifts were eliminated and the whole plant eventually paid the price.

One door closes, another door opens. Hoping for the best for you. Good to have a release, a place to vent among friends. For me, if I didn't have this group around to keep me motivated with the GB's to "force" me to finish something I would crack not being able to work full time. Even my lovely wife knows the value of this hobby.

Sorry for carrying on so. Looking forward to seeing your build progress.

Bill

Cheers guys!

Thanks too everyone for the support re the work situ. Like Bill said, really helps to know so many great people are supporting you - very grateful to you all.
Next layoffs august 3 apparently, let yas know how it goes.

Evan

Got the fingers crossed for you mate. 3rd has got to be a good day as we have 3 birthdays in the family on this day.

Cheers Wojtek, Terry, Aaron, Vic, and Karl!

Todays (probably) the day, and already the 'crap is in the pancake' as the saying goes here.
On the bright side, might have alot more time for modelmaking soon! :)

Here's a pic of the Balaton, VERY rare shot of me in shorts, taken at the batch we rented

And the first pic is an older gentleman getting in the water and I am thinking "those are noy GD shorts but speedo's ole boy" :lol: Then I see the next pic.But like Wayne the older I have gotten the more I wear shorts in the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back