Me 262 Mistel combination, projected - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wow guys, thanks alot for your comments! Hope I can prove myself worthy of the compliments!!! :shock: :)

A "slight" delay with the kits for varius reasons, the most important being the work situation. Management have gone haywire, and may be laying off half the staff on Monday.
You can imagine my thoughts at this time.

Re the Mistel, only real progress is with the plug, which is now 99% to my liking. That's good enough too - already created a ton of extra work for myself going for the 100 on the wings (damn it). They are really getting on my wick now...

Pics of the plug in any case, and (almost finished) fairing in of the nose gear doors. (warhead was to be a seperately constructed element, attached just prior to assembly of aircraft participating in the mission). Cartridge ejector slots will be filled of course.
Hope to have more pogress on this and Braunen 4 soon, tips or advice appreciated in between!

Cheers, Evan

STA53101.JPG
STA53102.JPG
STA53112.JPG
STA53118.JPG

Last edited:
Looking very nice. Are you going to sand a little bit these edges of the grey area?

Hey my friend! Yep, the primer will be completely washed off actually, it was only applied to check for blemishes.

The coat as stands is thick as it was sprayed on 2 occasions with a Tamiya (spray can) Surface primer. First time revealed blemishes still, since corrected as much as my skills and patience allow.

Planned to try the Mr.surfacer in the airbrush, but 'someone' complains about the smell of the thinners all the time...have to think of a solution fast, or there will never be peace in the flat.

Last edited:
Planned to try the Mr.surfacer in the airbrush, but 'someone' complains about the smell of the thinners

Well...that's true. But to a certain extent only. So you might take into consideration a light grey Humbrol as a primer. If you are going to paint the model with acrylics it would be a good solution.

Sorry to hear about the work problems, Evan. Can only hope that's it's solved quickly and to your satisfaction. Can't be easy getting on with other things with that hanging over you. Makes what you're achieving on the build even more impressive.
;)

Don't get bogged down looking for the perfect finish Even, what you have achieved so far is perfect and to the envy of many of us.

Sorry to hear about the work related problems, nobody wants something like that hanging over your head. I PM'd you before reading this thread so please forgive me for not mentioning it. I just hope things will be okay for you.

Thanks for the comments and support guys, much appreciated! :D

Wojtek, have thought about trying acrylics (environmentally friendlier), though I've been told they still need to be thinned as enamels anyway - is that right?
(I'm certain the nitro thinners will still be necessary for final cleaning in any case, which are the main cause of the problem...)

As for work, tomorrow they'll decide if 30 or 50% of the staff go (about 125-190 people), and cut to a 4 day work week. Keep ya's posted on my fate...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back