Me 262 Mistel combination, projected - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wojtek, have thought about trying acrylics (environmentally friendlier), though I've been told they still need to be thinned as enamels anyway - is that right?

As for work, tomorrow they'll decide if 30 or 50% of the staff go (about 125-190 people), and cut to a 4 day work week. Keep ya's posted on my fate...

Yep... these paints need to be thinned. Unless these are the Vallejo Air ones. However the mix ratio can be about 30/50%. It depends on the air pressure coming from a compressor.

And very sorry to hear abou these troubles at work, my friend. Hang on.

Thanks guys for the well wishes, and Igor and Aaron for the comments on the build!

Well, news so far. Management meetings all day, only losses will be from Production (where I work) and the Warehouse. Management and R&D (2/3 of entire staff, and highest wage earners) are all immune...
Lists drawn up of production staff (about 120 people or so), everyone rated 1 to 5 according to 'worth', fates to be decided by big production boss and head secretary, probably tomorrow.
As 'colourful' as my thoughts are right now, better not to get started... let yas know how things turn out anyway.

Re the Mistel, determined to stick to my guns and finish the bloody u/c doors (thanks to you guys for your encouragement and motivation here!). Pics up when 'presentable'.
...and in the meantime, look what I got from the nice people at Hannants... :)

STA53126.JPG
STA53127.JPG

Nice accessories Evan. Keeping my fingers crossed for the job situation - especially as they can have all the R&D in the world, but it's useless without production!

Thanks everyone!

Yep, 50% losses sounds bad, but it still means there's a 50% chance I'll stay...will be very sorry to see anyone go though, was a good team I thought.

Cheers guys, really much appreciated! (especially as you Karl are also looking for work...likewise best of luck mate!)

Ok, news do far. Lay-offs to be in (probably) 3 waves (to avoid strife with the unemployment agency mostly).
Managers know who and when, victims will find out when they're called to the main office.

Some inside info (not good): the appointed production boss wants to cancel all internal production. (He is still head of R and D, so no problem for him).

A huge F---ing insult: The current under-managers are feeling extremely secure, secure enough to laugh and joke almost continuosly about the situation in front of our faces. Joke of the day:
One under-manager was sweeping up some dirt around his table. He complained that 'why should he have to do it? That's what the line workers are for!'. The incredibly humorous 2nd in command yelled back 'Don't worry about them! they're getting kicked out soon enough as it is!'
I would SO love to smack his head in...

No progress on build tonight, had a few beers with some of my mates from work. Keep yas posted on events.

Last edited:
'Man is a wolf to his fellow man'...but a wolf atleast dosen't laugh while he's devouring his victim. Hope the bosses choke on their mouthfuls.

Evan hope things work out for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back