Members Meeting Members

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great Photogs guys.

I would love to get over there and meet Terry and the crew someday. Certainly my place is open here in the Greater Toronto area should you guys wish to come over. We have 2 spare bedrooms we could offer up and a couch if need be.

That's a great offer Total, and if, or when we get there, we sure will look you up.

It would appear that Guinness, Green King, Speckled Hen and numerous Canadian cans have ... er.... soda pop inside them, as did bottles of Sambucca, Napolean Brandy and Highland Whisky .... hic !

Andy, Jeff, Karl and myself have already chewed over trying to get as many forum members as possible together for 'Flying Legends' at DX, perhaps not next year, but certainly the year after. I'd be willing to co-ordinate things at this end, and could help to sort out either hotel or B&B accommodation, or if preferred, arrange extra tents etc for a large 'base camp' at the site we normally use, just opposite the DX 'satellite' airfield at Fowlmere, about 3 to 4 miles from DX by road. Now that would be a good BBQ and Bar event !!

Yes Jim, that's my old 'Tin Tent', which made a great base area, with fridge, cooking facilities and lighting etc.

I can say with certainty, that the UK population of speckled hens is seriously depleted, courtesy of Jason !
And I have come to the conclusion, after seeing that pic, that I need a new face !

For a short while on the Monday after the show Terry disappeared. Last we heard he had excused himself to visit the loo but after 10 minutes we began to worry. We spread out throughout the airport, each of us taking one of the hangers to check through in our quest to find him.

After a few moments I managed to locate him. He was sitting trance like in front of this aircraft, simply staring at it making cooing sounds, much like an infant makes when content. I am aware of his professed love for this aircraft and I thought it proper to snap a picture so that those of you on the board can see for yourself the depth of admiration this man has for this wonderful flying machine.

Cheers,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread