Militaria collectors anyone?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Folks, ever bid for something on EBay, only to have someone come in at the last second and whisk the item away? Maddening isn't it?

Guess what I've found! Sign up to the free version of this, and see to it that it's some other poor shmuck who gets outbid!

http://www.auctionstealer.com

Nice cards Erich. It sucks that that is what they are for but they are nice. Here are some things that I just picked up this weekend. It will probably take a couple of posts to posts these but they are quite neat.

These 3 things here are not in the greatest shape however they are still quite neat and very interesting, plus I did not pay for them so it is not that bad.

The first thing is Deutsches Reich Reisepass (Passport). I do not know who the lady is that this belonged to.

The second is a German Kriegskarte (War map) showing Germany, England, France, and parts of Scandonavia. It also shows the German and British mine areas. It is torn pretty bad and in 5 pieces.

The third item here is a WW2 souvenier from the Heinkel factory showing aircraft that they have produced. There are 11 pictures in all but I have only scanned some of them.

Attachments

• heinkel6_125.jpg
    heinkel6_125.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 507
  • heinkel5_828.jpg
    heinkel5_828.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 506
  • heinkel4_147.jpg
    heinkel4_147.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 508
  • heinkel3_162.jpg
    heinkel3_162.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 509
  • heinkel2_480.jpg
    heinkel2_480.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 514
  • kriegskarte5_597.jpg
    kriegskarte5_597.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 502
  • kriegskarte4_259.jpg
    kriegskarte4_259.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 503
  • kriegskarte3_974.jpg
    kriegskarte3_974.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 500
  • heinkel2_143.jpg
    heinkel2_143.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 504
  • kriegskarte_731.jpg
    kriegskarte_731.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 503
  • reisepass3_406.jpg
    reisepass3_406.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 509
  • reisepass2_158.jpg
    reisepass2_158.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 510
  • reisepass1_968.jpg
    reisepass1_968.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 509
  • reisepass_204.jpg
    reisepass_204.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 512
Medvedya said:
Folks, ever bid for something on EBay, only to have someone come in at the last second and whisk the item away? Maddening isn't it?

Guess what I've found! Sign up to the free version of this, and see to it that it's some other poor shmuck who gets outbid!

http://www.auctionstealer.com

If you are going to do this for obaining WW2 memorabilia be very careful. 95% of the WW2 stuff there are fakes.

As I said I would post some more of the stuff that I obtained this weekend.

The first is a German Gas mask. The interesting thing about this one is that it is a Wehrmach issue carrying cannister and mask itself, but the filter is a Civilian issue filter.

The second item is a Bronz Mothers Cross, notice the engraved signature of A. Hitler on the back.

The third item (picture quality not so great) is a NSDAP party rally pin from the Nurnberg rally in 1936.

The 4th item is a 1914-1918 Service medal.

The 5th Item is a set of 2 ribbons containing the Imperial German Iron Cross and the 1914-1918 sevice ribbon.

The 6th item is a cloth Rattenfuehrer insignia.

Attachments

• rattenfuerer_115.jpg
    rattenfuerer_115.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 505
  • ribbon_559.jpg
    ribbon_559.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 511
  • medal14-18_828.jpg
    medal14-18_828.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 496
  • nsdappin_154.jpg
    nsdappin_154.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 509
  • mutterkreuzbronz2_570.jpg
    mutterkreuzbronz2_570.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 492
  • mutterkreuzbronz_345.jpg
    mutterkreuzbronz_345.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 497
  • filter_521.jpg
    filter_521.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 498
  • mask_180.jpg
    mask_180.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 497
  • gascan_162.jpg
    gascan_162.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 493
excellent items gents ! Yes have done some dealings with ebay.com and .de

and I fully on agree everyone needs to be wary of what is out there. do your research first and aask tons of questions even send a copy of the e-bay itme to an experten for value and judgement. have seen ridiculous photos that were copies from the original negative go for more than 200.00 US and everyone knows the intentions of the seller were to make mass copies off the negs for further monies in the big boyz pocket...........how fricking lame

I know exactly what you are talking about. I have 2 pictures of Rommel that were copied from negatives. I did not buy them not would I try and sell them, I enjoy the pictures for what they are.

Before I became an experienced collector and new what I was looking for. I walked in a bought 2 WW2 german helmets. So I thought. The 1st one was just a Spanish helmet that was bought from the Germans during the Spanish Civil War. It is still an interesting piece but not worth nearly as much as I bought it for nor is it what I thought it was. The second is actually a modern German Feuerwehr (fire department) helmet striped of all its protective fire stuff and painted like a WW2 helmet. I was duped on these and after I that I vowed to learn more about the subject.

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
If you are going to do this for obaining WW2 memorabilia be very careful. 95% of the WW2 stuff there are fakes.

I know. And what's laughable is so many people describe things as 'Rare' or 'Scarce'

LOOK!!!! EMPTY .303 BREN GUN MAGAZINE EXTREMELY RARE ITEM!!!!!!

:lol: Yeah right.

They should build in a translator for EBay item descriptions

So;

Limited edition = Limited to 17000 of them piled roof high in an old warehouse near Rotterdam.

Signed = Scrawled on by my little sister in rough approximation to real autograph

Offered at knocked down price = Offered at knocked off price - part of ram-raid haul.

Sought after copy = copy is the operative word - illegally downloaded!

Medvedya said:
They should build in a translator for EBay item descriptions

So;

Limited edition = Limited to 17000 of them piled roof high in an old warehouse near Rotterdam.

Signed = Scrawled on by my little sister in rough approximation to real autograph

Offered at knocked down price = Offered at knocked off price - part of ram-raid haul.

Sought after copy = copy is the operative word - illegally downloaded!

:lol: Sounds about right!

The best places I find to get my authentic WW2 gear are from family members, estate sales, the occasional antique store in the US (sorry but they dont know what they are selling in the US) and these websites places Manions Militaria Antiques, Military Antiques, Wittmans Militaria, Hermann Historica, and there are several others out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back