Military Aviation Museum in Va Beach VA

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is another project in the works...................... we own her...she is ours

Another Yagen import that used to be in New Zealand. His Mossie had its last flying display in New Zealand last weekend and will soon be going to the USA. Any date for arrival yet?

We've been trying to get hold of the NZ restorers to see if they were interested in parting with their jigs. We could use them in our own Mossie restoration but they have not returned e-mails. I wonder if Yagen is getting them.

I wonder if Yagen is getting them.

I can tell you now, he's not. The jigs are staying here, because Glynn Powell, who built them has more than one Mosquito under construction. His aircraft, an Ex-RNZAF Mossie is currently under rebuild; its fuse is almost finished and most likely will be the next one to fly - that is unless you guys get your one going before him, but there will no doubt be more Mossies rolling off his 'production line' in the future, if the right amount of money is offered.

That's the way to get it done, Crimea River, offer Glynn the 'right amount' and you'll have a perfect rebuild that combines original bits and modern materials and processes, but using original woods and techniques. These aircraft have been described as 'late production' due to their exactness to the originals, aside from the modern glues and stuff.

Cory, it's the Mosquito virtually built from scratch in New Zealand, shown flying, earlier this year, elsewhere on the forum.
What a Beauty! And apparently it's hoped to have her flying for the first air show, in May.

Users who are viewing this thread