Millville Wings Wheels 2008

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A few of the other displays...

Attachments

• shop01.jpg
    shop01.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 83
  • shop02.jpg
    shop02.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 83
  • shop03.jpg
    shop03.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 77
  • shop04.jpg
    shop04.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 89
  • shop05.jpg
    shop05.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 76
And my favorite section, the models! These models are all donations from people who passed away and they willed the models to the musuem. What is on display I can tell you is only a 1/4 of the models they have! My father and I helped ready them for display but glueing the broken parts or paint touch up here and there and identifing what they were. I would love to do this again.

Anybodywho loves warbirds and modeling should do this. Find a local museum and volunteer! it is absolutely great. And those with collections of models, find a local museum and have your collection given to them in your will. They love stuff like this and it gets displayed!!

Attachments

• mod00.jpg
    mod00.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 72
  • mod01.jpg
    mod01.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 61
  • mod02.jpg
    mod02.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 73
  • mod03.jpg
    mod03.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 68
  • mod05.jpg
    mod05.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 60
One last thing ( at least until I get the plane pics developed) I don't think that the Museum or Airfield had a thing to do with this fiasco. My impression was it was taken over by outside influences and mucked-up.

Why this conclussion?

This show has always been called "Wings and Wheels". When I got home and started to check out the program (which was given at the end of the day when even the janitors were done empting the trash cans) I noticed that it was now called "Wheels and Warbirds".

A shift has occurred in the galaxy.

Njaco,

We must have passed several times in the crowd!!! I was looking at the same cars in the photos.

Hey, at least You parked near where You sat. The wife and I parked one row in from the gate, didn't get there till 1:30. The bus wasn't runnig just then, so we had to walk about a 1/2 mile in the three inches of orange dust. When we got home I had to wash her car and clean her shoes. On top of that I owe her a girl thing of her choice for dragging her there. She hated it!

A co-worker passed on his way home from the shore and stopped at the east end of the runway outside the fence. He had a better show for free than I paid for. The planes were passing right over his head.

I think You're right, the SCCA guys were in charge, they only know Formula Vee and those 4 bangers with and without Fart Mufflers.

Oh the dust! But I can forgive that, it was a new place and thats ok. But the logistics!!!

So we both had somebody to impress and it didn't work! :) Everybody I know up here is now planning for the Atlantic City show next year - given up on this one.

I think I'm done ranting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back