Mitsubishi J8M1 (Army Ki-200) CGI Project

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Tokuro-2 (KR-10) Rocket Motor.
During the wartime, Japanese navy seems to have brought back perfect German technical data on this motor although the submarine I-29 which carried actual sample had been sunk on the way back home. The piping is exactly same as Walter 109 509A and I have been much impressed.
Thanks.

HWK 109-509A.jpg
Mitsubishi_Toku-Ro_II.JPG
Mitsubishi_Toku-Ro-II_01.JPG
Mitsubishi_Toku-Ro-II_02.JPG
Mitsubishi_Toku-Ro-II_03.JPG
Mitsubishi_Toku-Ro-II_04.JPG
Mitsubishi_Toku-Ro-II_05.JPG

Tokuro-2 (KR-10) Rocket Motor.
During the wartime, Japanese navy seems to have brought back perfect German technical data on this motor although the submarine I-29 which carried actual sample had been sunk on the way back home. The piping is exactly same as Walter 109 509A and I have been much impressed.
Thanks.

View attachment 563910View attachment 563911View attachment 563912View attachment 563913View attachment 563914View attachment 563915View attachment 563916
Shinpachi, it is my understanding that Navy Commander Iwaya had the Me163 instruction manual with him that was used to reverse engineer the aircraft and engine - this was because he flew home from Singapore when I-29 docked there to resupply.

Shinpachi, it is my understanding that Navy Commander Iwaya had the Me163 instruction manual with him that was used to reverse engineer the aircraft and engine - this was because he flew home from Singapore when I-29 docked there to resupply.

Mitsubishi announced in the postwar that they developed the J8M based on the Me-163 manual with hardships because no sample was given but I begin to wonder if it was a little bit exaggeration. As a common sense, a maker can build a product without sample if the specification and drawings are given. No sample but Iwaya could answer engineers' question as he witnessed actual product in Germany. This picture, for example, introduces the 10th former of the J8M1 Shusui. Structure is almost same as the Me-163 and no one can draw this in imagination or oral advice only. I think that the reverse engineering could be a myth.

10番肋材_補正分00.jpg

Source: "Shusui" and Japanese Jet, Rocket Planes by Model Art in Nov. 1998

Users who are viewing this thread

Back