Moving, again.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A hint for the storage.....

Add up the value of the goods.
Divide by the months "estimated" to store.
Multiply cost per month times "estimated" term of storage.
AGE of goods at the end of "estimated" storage.
Value and replacement cost of goods at the "estimated" end of storage.

Now multiply "estimated" term of storage by 3 to 10, a more realistic figure!

Now figure total value of rent if deposited in a savings account @ this 3-10 figure.
Cuz I would guarantee it will Never be for the "estimated" term of storage!!!

Just sayin!

Paul, if they have it down there, go with PODS. They will bring a storage unit to you and drop it off. You fill it up, call them and they will pick it and store it. It's cheaper than a rental unit but you will not be able to get at your stuff. Once you are ready, they will bring it to your new place and pick it up after you unload.

A hint for the storage.....

Add up the value of the goods.
Divide by the months "estimated" to store.
Multiply cost per month times "estimated" term of storage.
AGE of goods at the end of "estimated" storage.
Value and replacement cost of goods at the "estimated" end of storage.

Now multiply "estimated" term of storage by 3 to 10, a more realistic figure!

Now figure total value of rent if deposited in a savings account @ this 3-10 figure.
Cuz I would guarantee it will Never be for the "estimated" term of storage!!!

Just sayin!
Math!
Now I have to do math, Dang it!
Let's see,...carry the 2...Pi is 3.14, or something,... the angle of the dangle...squared by,...
Aw, screw it, I'll just burn the lot!

Paul, if they have it down there, go with PODS. They will bring a storage unit to you and drop it off. You fill it up, call them and they will pick it and store it. It's cheaper than a rental unit but you will not be able to get at your stuff. Once you are ready, they will bring it to your new place and pick it up after you unload.
Thanks, but as an old professional mover, (now thankfully retired), I will take a bit of advice, (or observation), that I used to give my customers. Namely, that "some people have too much S#!t".
It's true!

My rule of thumb for travelling: Put all you think you need in a pile and select half.

For moving I do similar: 2 piles, one 'essential items', one not. Pack the essentials to go to the new place, if room for more, can select from the other pile. If not, decide what is worth storing (if possible), and what can be given away/ sold.
Trickier with a woman in tow though, more crap to be kept than is 'necessary'...

This is just to cut off any nasty rumors that I really didn't have a desk top under there!

misc16.jpg

misc17.jpg

Thanks, but as an old professional mover, (now thankfully retired), I will take a bit of advice, (or observation), that I used to give my customers. Namely, that "some people have too much S#!t".
It's true!

Now you just have to seperate the good sh*t from the bad sh*t...
Hope that the move is going smoothly Paul!

To be where I have been...
Two bedrooms, one of which, (a glorified closet) is my office.
First things being, well, first; I had to start screwing thing to the walls, hanging planes from the ceiling...and so forth.

misc18.jpg

misc19.jpg

Is that a plaque about Rommel on the wall? And I see more LZ memorabilia. I gotta get my audio tapes done of me doing LZ in my bands and let ya listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back