Moving, again.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Part of the instructions that I would give a new helper, "Never call the shippers stuff crap, and never call the shippers wife "Hey, Lady"; We aren't here to make moral judgements, we don't know if she's a Lady or not!"

Oh jeez. I was lettering a shop window on a busy street. The new owner was standing next to me having a bit of a chat when I looked out the window and commented on the dish walking by the store. She turned and came into the store and gave her husband a kiss and says "hello"....... So I looked at him and just said, "well she is"! Gord.

Moving, again

Hope you don't mind me putting this here on your thread Paul, but as some already know, will be changing flags again soon!

Just secured a nice flat (with my dad's help) in Carrick-on-Shannon in Ireland, right on the boat jetty's of the river Shannon! Moving around the first week of August.

Will be my 7th country lived in, and is purely a work/ save move to build up funds and let Ivett learn English in a natural environment (initially for a year, longer if we like it there).
I would like to think we could move back to Hungary one day, but we'll see what the future holds.

Looking forward to catching up with our Irish and pommy members anyway, not to mention family members in England who I've often heard of but never met!

...and as they say: 'Variety is the spice of life' , or 'Life is like an hour glass - ya gotta turn it on it's head every so often!' :)

Wish me luck! :)
Evan

Last edited:
Yes, best of British luck to you ande your lad. You'll soon settle in Eire it is a really friendly place.
I admire people who move around. Takes courage to up sticks and move into an unknown place.
If you are ever headed to Plymouth let me know.
Cheers
John

Wish you both all the luck in the world Even, sounds like a great place and you'll find the Irish a great bunch and maybe life's pace a tad easier.

Many thanks Wayne, John, Vic and Wojtek!

John - you can count on it mate! Planning to visit Blighty whenever possible.

Vic, yep will be nice if I can actually earn some of that money stuff I always hear about. The Hungarian tradition seems to be living to work, not working to live.

Wojtku, I am sorry to be moving further away from you my friend, but as you know we never had the money to catch up. I am hoping to be able to save and eventually come back some day, which will automatically treble the money's value, and allow for such trips!

Last edited:
I envy you Evan. I've got a long time friend who lives in Wales and would dearly love to visit him. If you run across any Gallens in Ireland, they may be a relative of mine. Grandfather was from Dunagal. Enjoy mate.

Good to hear you're sorted at last Evan, and good luck with the move.
It occurs to me you'll now be just a ferry crossing away from me, Karl and old Bertie Swettish Bod - this could get dangerous!!

As a (former) professional mover, I have to say,....
Ha! ha! ha!...
No, really,.. moving sucks, and the best advice I can give is; don't try to unpack all in one day. Go one box at a time, and when you can't find that thing, don't panic,
it will be in the next box. Just go slow and enjoy the process.
I hope all goes well, darned shame I can't be there. Really mean that, I'm good at packing and organizing stuff.
(Other peoples stuff, that is...)

Cheers guys, thanks for all your kind comments! :D

Yep, got a 'few' moves under the belt already - never easy if you've collected heaps of stuff, especially if moving long distance. (Not surprisingly, mostly model/ aircraft related stuff in my case!)
I usually flick off what I don't need, store the non essentials (if poss) and just take the bare essentials. Stuff in storage gets inventorised, and if I need anything I ask the holder to 'please send box no.9'...

Am currently sorting model doubles etc, there will be a few swap items soon if anyone's interested. Like Karl, will be taking my spare decals and parts with me too in case anyone needs anything.

Cheers again!
Evan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back