Moving, again.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep, A short bio, a picture of the Fox, and a high quality reproduction of a "Blue Max" all in one convenient frame!
It's kind of hard to see but the "Col. Klink" phone has a picture of the hermit from 4 in the center of the dial also. I have been a diehard Zep fan ever since I first heard them on the radio. (Transister with the ear plug!) I have collected a lot of stuff over the years; buttons, posters, pictures, books, right down to the LZ jammies I'm wearing now.
Somewhere in this mess is a 45 of Street-corner girl/ Immigrant song that I got from England. Got all the albums, of course, but rarely play the vinyl anymore, the CD's are easier to use.
I would like to hear your rendition of the Zep, I even got a kick out of "Dred Zeppelin", those guys about 10 years ago that did the Elvis/ Regae/ Zep thing.

I had a few Zep stuff from long ago including a vinyl album - bootleg from Seattle 1973. I had a cover band that did nothing but Zep. We called ourselves 'Coda" and did "Stairway" and "Over the Hills" on acoustic and the drummer used 4 drumsticks on "Four Sticks" while the guitar player used a violin bow. It was fun!

H*ll's Bells, we started moving last may and hauled the last load out in June when we finally sold the Joliet house. We have two garages FILLED with unsorted STUFF. My "workroom" is still storage and now we are back in Bollingbrook, Il. 'cause our son has STUFF he doesn't want so we get to drive 10hrs upto illinois, load a trailer, drive 10 more hrs and then try to figure out where all the extra STUFF is going to go. 3500sq.ft. and it is more than full.
Paul you are doing great

I can dig it, 3 years ago we had a 3800 sq ft house on an acre, today we are buying a 480sq ft house on an 1/8 acre, and it's like pulling teeth to get her to get rid of anything.
Thank goodness that one daughter had an empty storage shed at her place,...of course, we had to bribe her with a few pieces that she had her eye on, and my son-in-law got my big compresser and tools, but all in all, it's going well.

I had a few Zep stuff from long ago including a vinyl album - bootleg from Seattle 1973. I had a cover band that did nothing but Zep. We called ourselves 'Coda" and did "Stairway" and "Over the Hills" on acoustic and the drummer used 4 drumsticks on "Four Sticks" while the guitar player used a violin bow. It was fun!
I'll send you my address and if you want, send some tunes my way!

So then, Eight times twelve = 96, times how much per month?????? That would be nearly $10,000.00 at $100 per month. How much per month????

And you were afraid to buy the 300 dollar compressor?

You would have to have some pretty valuable stuff in there. And,..... it would have to be timeless! Never outdated or obsolete even. Ohhhhh brother.

So then, Eight times twelve = 96, times how much per month?????? That would be nearly $10,000.00 at $100 per month. How much per month????

And you were afraid to buy the 300 dollar compressor?

You would have to have some pretty valuable stuff in there. And,..... it would have to be timeless! Never outdated or obsolete even. Ohhhhh brother.

I wish! :) and you have the financing correct. Been trying to chip away and save the ducats.

There were many of the "executive" moves where in the course of inventorying I would find 4 or 5 old tags on the boxes stored in the attic/ basement/ garage...
Never unpacked, just moved from place to place...

A good part of the problem has been the weather in Ark. Most days it tops 105F and this week they are predicting 110F and above. Trying to work in the garage is a killer so things are going very slowly. We can work outside in the eary AM and after 7PM. The lake drops every day so that means moving the dock every other day or so. Hoping for cooler days in the fall

Thanks to all for the thoughts! Now if I could get the old woman to throw away some of the crap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back