Moving, again.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

meatloaf109

1st Lieutenant
Jan 1, 2012
north carolina
My wife and I are buying a small place and I will be occupied with that crap for a while. Got to get a storage unit for the stuff as the place is barely big enough to turn around in. I will be adding on to it as soon as possible, wish we didn't have to live there while that is going on, but I can't afford two places.
I will look in from time to time.

On a related note, I have a wardrobe carton (about 10 cubic feet) of 1/48 scale airplanes in various stages of disrepair, if anyone wants them. Just on a guess, there are 60 to 80 airplanes in there, from the Wright bros to jet age. Some are good, some are not so good. Spare parts, re-builds, let the kids play with them, or blow them up, you want 'em, you got 'em, just pay the shipping. The one thing I guarantee is; there is a crap load of planes in there, spanning many years of building.

Last edited:
Snoopy and the...Udet.
Don't tell my wife, she thinks that this is the "Red Barron"

misc15.jpg

Last edited:
Been there, done that Loaf. Don't envy you as bit, but things'll come right mate.

About that storage space, when my first wife and I split and I closed my sign shop I rented a storage space, I coulda bought a new car with what I spent hording 500 bucks worth of stuff for 10 years. I shoulda just left the door up and let the pickers at it. Just make sure you got stuff that cannot EVER be replaced. Cheaper to replace it later than to keep paying if you don't have to. Just sayin.

Bill

Best of luck in the move/remodel! We lived with my wife's dad for a year or so while her grandfather and I remodeled our house on the inside. It was an hour drive (one way) across Dallas traffic to get over there on days off so I could help him with the remodel. Learned a lot, though! So if you need help...well...move to the Dallas area, and I'd be more than happy to lend a hand! :evil4:

You have my sympathy and condolences. I will NEVER move again!!!! Took over a year and "stuff" is still in totes. Burn the place and collect the insurance

Good luck you and the misses Paul, after 20 or more moves myself, 14 as an adult, I know the feeling. Hope it all works out for you and keep stay touch as and when you can.

I know your pain. I have told everyone that they will bury me in my house as I will never go through the pain of moving again! My house = My tomb

You sure find some radical ways to tidy your work bench Paul!
Best of luck with the move - like the other guys, been there, done that, own the T-shirt company! Hope everything goes well, and you get sorted as quickly as possible.

Seems I move every 2 years! Good luck with everything and I agree on the storage space. I've rented a place now for 8 years and have no idea whats in it!!!!

Why don't you post that box of models in the "I'll Trade U 4 that" thread? Might get rid of it quicker.

Good luck on the move. Hope it all goes smoothly.

RA, you said you had an hour drive across Dallas traffic? I guess you had to go about 3 miles? hahahaha. While 635 is all busted up for the expansion it's going to be a mess. The company I work for is doing that entire project as well as the 121 connector remodel around DFW airport. I wish I had stock in concrete for those projects.

I have to say that I am drunk right now, and I love you guys... no really... I do,... You have all been so special to me...except for that one that..., Blarf....
Sorry, what was I saying,....Oh, yeah, I LOVE you guys!!! Well on to moving again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back