Munich

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great pic's, Chris. I was in Munich in early 1955, and the only thing I
remember is the Hofbrau House...... and it don't look the same. I did notice
the pic's of the German WW-II aircraft do not have a swastika on the
tail. I thought museums were exempt from the law...

Charles

German WW-II aircraft do not have a swastika on the
tail. I thought museums were exempt from the law...

Charles

They are exempt and I dont understand why these do not have them. If I drive about an hour from here to the Sinsheim Museum they have them on there. I truely dont have an answer why these dont.

For example the pics below are from the Sinsheim Museum. I can post more pics in another thread from that museum. It is a very nice museum as well.

Attachments

• sw.JPG
    sw.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 103
  • sw2.JPG
    sw2.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 113
  • sw3.JPG
    sw3.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 114
Shooting inside a muesum is always a difficult. You never know how the lighting will turn out. I lost my interior shots at a museum in Korea because they turned out the lights 45 mins before closing. I missed out on a P51, F86 and AT6 in Korean markings and some Migs. I like your picture of the 163 above the 262.

DBII

GREAT pics Adler. I sure wish I could make it to Germany. Ya know, I enjoyed seeing the pics of the buildings and churches more than the planes! the cathedrals are so beautiful.

The architecture really is something that I am going to miss when I do leave Europe. The churches especially in Europe are wonderful and the old architecture is wonderful.

DerAdler, Thanks for posting your Munich pictures, especially the one of your weiss wurst. Damn!!! Now I'm having a craving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love weiss wurst! I haven't found any good weiss wurst here in the states though. :( I really want to get back to Germany some time in the next couple of years.

Thanks for sharing your trip. I went the Munich once. Silly me, I was on leave and do not remember a thing other than a blonde Air Force nurse and lots of pubs.

DBII

Munich is a great city. When I was younger I would just go there to party and stuff and now that I am older I actually went to appreciate the city. It is a beautiful city. I cant wait to drive there again in the summer time.

Weiß wurst cannot be found in the states as it is a Bayerische specialty.

München really is the place to land in and then head south as Chris can attest to this, last visit was in 1980.............that seems like an eternity ago. But we remember it well and the Ost Allgäu mtns down to Garmisch and into Austria towards Vienna on the super hwy, the Mondsee poma frtters were crap though so I need to go back and tell them so...... :D

one day, as I need a gut Deutsche Bier

Weiß wurst cannot be found in the states as it is a Bayerische specialty.

München really is the place to land in and then head south as Chris can attest to this, last visit was in 1980.............that seems like an eternity ago. But we remember it well and the Ost Allgäu mtns down to Garmisch and into Austria towards Vienna on the super hwy, the Mondsee poma frtters were crap though so I need to go back and tell them so...... :D

one day, as I need a gut Deutsche Bier

Actually Weiss Wurst can be found in the states, matter of fact in Stillwater, MN. but its just not the real thing. Also, the first place I ate it was in Weisbaden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back