Mustang Eggplane

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ScanmanDan

Airman
Dec 25, 2010
I've been monkeying about with various of the Tiger Models Cute planes and wanted to try out one of the Hasegawa egg planes to see how they built. As the Mustang was the least eggy I went with that one. The kits fit very well but lack any kind of interior and so I scratched something together.

Cute%20Mustang%2001.jpg

Cute%20Mustang%2002.jpg

Cute%20Mustang%2003.jpg

Cute%20Mustang%2004.jpg

Then I got a bit distracted with other things and built a little base for her to sit on.

Cute%20Mustang%2009.jpg

Now as I'm on holiday break I have got the basic painting and assemble finished.

Cute%20Mustang%2012.jpg

Cute%20Mustang%2013.jpg

I've just got to keep it together while I get the decals on and do some little weathering and she should be ready for the display case.

I ho[e you like the little egg roll.

Dan

It looks great so far; I liked the interiors and the small base is very well simulated !!
Congratulations and very good start of 2017 Dan

Saludos :thumbup:

Luis Carlos
SANCER

Progress;

( Errrrr, on looking over these pics I got the feeling that something wasn't quite right… But couldn't figure out what it was until it hit me. Maybe the right shoe was on the left foot? Rushed out to the bungalow and swapped them round before the glue fully set. )

Cute%20Mustang%2014.jpg

Cute%20Mustang%2015.jpg

Cute%20Mustang%2016.jpg

At least the decals are on, which is quite a relief for me. Now all that;s left is some little touch up painting and a tiny bet of weathering and a final clean and nameplate. She came out much brighter than I thought she would but I do wish that Tiger models would come out with there characterisation of the Mustang just to see what it would look like.

Thanks for all of your encouraging comments and I hope you guys try out one of these little kits just for the sheer fun of it.

Dan

Thanks Fubar. :)

I worked most of the day to finish this one.

Cute%20Mustang%2017.jpg

I'll post the rest of the pics in the completed section.

I would recommend one of these kits or better still the Tiger Models Cute planes if you want to have a no stress bit of fun. They are like peanuts to me I can't just stop at one…

Thanks for looking in.

Hey, if anybody wants a couple of these "cutsie" models, I have one, maybe two that I will never build (got an Airfix 1/24 Spitfire I and three Tamiya 1:32 Spitfires that I bought between 3 and 5 years ago and STILL haven't made a model in over 30 years!) So yell out...just pay the postage or whatever...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back