My 13's and friends.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great thread, beautiful models and one more addition to the expanding My 13's collection.
Keep up the good work, Jan! :thumbleft:

For one of the future builds may I suggest Gunther Rall's Bf 109G "Black 13".

Cheers!
Igor

Last edited:
Thank you kindly! Got the decals for that one mate....or should I say two, might actually be three, thinking about it. :oops:

Would like to do VVS machine, if I could find the decals for one.... Would soon (I hope) expand with a F4F-4 Wildcat from USS Yorktown, in the PTO GB...

Or 13 13's! They look bazzing together old chap, splendid work, and your skill improvement level is shining through with each build. Jolly good show, do join me for a dram or two won't you.

Much obliged Wayne!

DSCF0005-29.jpg

DSCF0003-39.jpg

DSCF0002-40.jpg

DSCF0001-41.jpg

DSCF0004-34.jpg

Need to get a better glue for the canopies, hate when they turn milky by the smallest amount glue! Pain in the *rse! :lol:

I was going to ask the same question as Wayne! I normally use one of the following, depending on the requirement, and sparingly in most cases.
Liquid poly cement, applied with a small brush.
PVA adhesive, applied by toothpick/cocktail stick.
Micro 'Kristal Kleer' aplied as above.
The latter two reinforced, where possible, with a line of Johnson's Klear.
I have had to use 'Superglue' on a couple of occassions, but the clear part(s) where first dipped, or brushed, with Klear, which prevented fogging.

Try cleaning and polsihing first old chap. Get some 'T-Cut', or failing that, 'Brasso' or similar metal polish. Use a touch at a time on a soft cloth, and give it a good, but not too harsh rub. Don't use too much T - Cut in one go, or it might make the canopy brittle. Clean off the residue, and it should now be clear. Brush or dip in Johnson's Klear, and bingo! Like new, maybe even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back