My Computer has a Virus

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Destroyer25

Banned
Dec 19, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Title says it all. The Virus is called Antivirus Live, it is a Rogue Anti Virus that installs itself on your computer, and tells you that your computer is infected. This is not true though, its just trying to trick you into buying the program. However it blocks you from running all programs. So my AVG and everything is useless. I've had two Rogue Anti Virus programs before, my tech guy got rid of them. But I'd like to take a crack at it myself. Suggestions? I've been looking around online but I've had little success. I have Malware Bytes' already downloaded, which is required for get rid of any virus really, but unlike my last virus, it is blocking my programs out. I'm guessing I should probably go into safe mode right?

Try Panda Activescan...it is an online AV (free, too) that has proven itself to be very usefull on occasion...

Here's the link that'll drop you right into the activescan start page: FREE ANTIVIRUS online: ActiveScan 2.0 - PANDA SECURITY

Panda Security has been around for some time and they know thier business. By the way, Panda is out of Spain, not China...don't let the name fool ya' :thumbleft:

You can also use MalwareBytes (free) and ComboFix (free). Those have been really helpful to me in removing some viruses at work. Of course, nothing beats finding the actual files and registry entries and deleting the bastard manually. "Autoruns" helps isolate the startup files, too.

I have Malwarebytes but the problem is the virus wont let me run programs. And when I tried opening the computer up in safe mode screen went blue and said it needs to shut down to protect the computer or something like that.

Dang. Banned already. Oh, well. For anyone else who has this problem, you might need to boot up a Windows Preinstallation Environment cd (we use XP at work, so I carry around a BartXPE disk with me)...basically, windows loads from the CD, not from the harddrive, so no viri have a chance to start up. Browse for the infected files, delete em, and reboot normally. Ultimate Boot CD (UBCD) is another favorite floating around. If you can get the main infected files off the system, then you can run your anti-virus/spyware/malware with ease. Also, while in the Environment, BACK UP ALL YOUR DATA FILES. You should be doing this already.

To be honest, I don't think his computer has a virus...

It just keeps popping up this error message:

Attachments

• 95_error.jpg
    95_error.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 277
If you are running windows XP and it is original, you must to install the Microsoft Antivirus (It is very good !!)

http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/

Install to the Windows Defender (only for Windows XP), if you are runnind Vista or Win Seven it´s embeeded with the MS Antivirus ;)

Windows Defender: Home Page

Both softwares are free for Original Ms Windows Copies and runs on Windows XP, Vista and Seven.

I´m a computer thecnician if you need more help, just ask-me

Best regards,

Lucas

Did you get it sorted. I've just removed this from my daughters computer manually. It is a b*stard to get rid of as it blocks just about everything on your machine,including IE,which is tough if it is the only browser you have.I managed quickly,after start up, to get into task manager before it stopped me and then stop it! Look for "random letters"sysguard.exe. The random letters obviously vary as it tries to hide. After that I was able to delete the little bugger.I wasn't quite sure what was what so I ran Malware bytes which did the trick!
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back