My Dad

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Same as the others here, Dave. I'm sorry for the pain your family is in and your in my thoughts and prayers.

sorry to hear that kind of news. my sympathies to you and your family. i know what you are going through. there is a very strong bond between father and son(s) that exists even if you arent in close proximity to each other. loss of that isnt easily dealt with...just remember how lucky you are to have shared time with each other.

I'm late in seeing this, but I am sorry for this difficult time and my prayers are with you and your family. It is good that he is able to be at home and even if you are not there right this moment it sounds to me like he can feel you there with him.
Derek

Dave, also late, my dad died in the hospital many years ago ('69) and I had no chance to be there. Take some small comfort that you were able to speak with him and hopefully by this time have seen him. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers, guys, it means alot.

I was going to post an update on his condition, but from Sunday onward, his condition had not changed. It was pretty much an agonizing wait for the inevitable.

And the inevitable happened this afternoon, he passed away.

Craig Douglas Lilley was 70 years old and a native of Los Angeles. He served in the Army, assigned to the Signal Corps, in the early 60's. His children were my younger sister and myself. He also has three grandchildren.

I wasn't able to make it down to Southern California due to work, but I'll try and get down there this weekend and help my sister who's been there since Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back