My Finished 'commision' Models, Phew !!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great work, Ian! Are they going on display? Is that why he wanted them?

The Wellington is for his dad who flew them [it's his xmas box] hopefully it should cheer the old man up a bit :D ! his dad has been very poorly over the years and his son brought the model to build for him but it just looked too hard for him to build it so never made it :oops:

The other two dio's are to go on display in his office i do believe, he is to have BRASS plaques made for them with glass display cases over them both 8)

ian.

Amazing, I can't help but notice just how much better everyone else's models look compared to mine...
I hope to be able to put some real time into working on models this winter break and will put some pictures up for all to see.

Amazing, I can't help but notice just how much better everyone else's models look compared to mine...
I hope to be able to put some real time into working on models this winter break and will put some pictures up for all to see.

Don't ever pull yourself down :shock: when comparing models ! all models are great to look at, no matter what ! just over time you get better Rome wasn't built in a day you know.

ian.

Ian glad to know they were built with good homes to go too.

:)

Well my friend, just recieved this today a nice wee letter from the owner of the models.........

Ian has a truly phenomenal talent. For sure he should have trained as a brain surgeon!! He has just built these three WW11 aircraft for me and the result is more outstanding in the flesh than you'll ever see in the pics. Attention to detail is exquisite, reality in small scale and if you could only shrink yourself, you could walk around his dioramas 'just like the real thing'! If anyone needs a model building they should look no further but please, please be realistic on price. As you modellers out there will know, these things involve painstaking hours and are a superb investment. Nobody should insult Ian by offering him a 'fiver' to build an Airfix or any other kit, they should make it worth his while - but above all they should do it, they will never regret it! Thanks Ian you're a genius, you've made me and my 90 year old ex RAF Dad very happy!!! Denis

Sure does make you proud :)

...makes it all worthwhile don't it!:D

Fantastic Ian, so glad you have provided some memories and happiness to this RAF Vet, my hat is off to you mate!!

Beautiful birds, I've always had a soft spot for Brit bombers. I hope my wimpy will end up as gorgeous as the one at the picture. Congratulations for those great models.

and where do you live may i ask :D

Glad you like them guys, Denis is so happy with them all 8)

ian

I live in Nuneaton but not too far from Baginton where the Armstrong Whitworth company was (there is still one building there) I did my work experience at the Midland Air Museum which is next to the Airport and there I worked with a guy who as a lad during the war did the inside half of the riveting on Whitley's during construction.

Guys as you will all know these models was built for an old chappie who worked/flew on these actual planes.

Well today the old fella died at least he got to see the model of his plane and gave everyone a tour of it, i'm totally gutted broke out crying straight away infact i'm still sobbing, i didn't know the chap but my whole love went into building this Wimpy for him and now he's gone apart of me has gone too.

Lets just hope his son will treasure his Wimpy forever i think he will.

God bless him and may his soul rest in peace.

ian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back