My Finished 'commision' Models, Phew !!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ian lanc

Senior Airman
Sep 30, 2007
mansfield, nottinghamshire
Hi all,
Been hard at work making these models for a gent' who wanted a wellington built as it was in his dads sqd codes, so i gladly said yes, It's from 91 sqd Wellesbourne Mountford OTR, the wellington is the trumpeter 1/48th jobbie, the props are removable so you can take all the engine covers off to show the engine 'off' and made some scratch built spinners :!:

He also asked me if i could make dio's to match, so he asked me if i could make a matchbox wellesley showing engine change out in the fields on a part of a 'specticle'

There was quite a few added extra's on these like CMK resin goodies eg' the ground crew/ engine/prop/PE engine gaurds/scratch built table.

The other dio' is the old frog whitley bomber with aftermarket decals on a 'lollie pop', the frames are just picture frames and the hard standing is 1.5mm card cut into the correct shapes then painted a concrete colour, then stuck down with PVA glue and some 'fake' grass i also used the airfix recovery set in both dio's.

The Trumpeter 1/48th Vickers Wellington

The Matchbox Wellesley diorama.

The Frog Whitworth Whitley diorama.

Thanks for looking guys/gals :confused:

may I take this opportunity to be the first to say wow those are really good, well done I especially like the Whitley as they were built not far from me 8)

I have a problem a lot of times when there are pics on one of these posts like this one I get a box with an X on it can someone help me with that?

If you get a red 'X' in a box, wipe the cursor across it; it should expand and read 'Undefined'. Leave the cursor on the box, and then press 'Shift' and 'R'. That should open it, but sometimes, depending on image size, it might take a few seconds. I have to do that most of the time, and presume it's because of the 'system' somewhere!

These are very good. In particular I admire the turrets, they must be a nightmare with a lot of detail in a very small space.
Well done

Great work, Ian! Are they going on display? Is that why he wanted them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back