My friend Joe Owsianik passed away today...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Roman my friend, this is a date that will forever live with me !
On November 6th, 2006, my lovely (platonic) girlfriend, Louisa, was taken from us (me), at the age of 26 years, by cancer, thankfully without lingering too much. I loved her dearly, and still do. I will go to her grave to lay a flower, and say a prayer, as I have always done, but now, I will lay an extra flower, in gratitude for those, like Joe, that made her young life, in freedom and relative peace, possible.
May God bless Louisa, and may we all NEVER FORGET the debt we all owe to that generation, who, wherever we live, whatever privations each person, or country, had to endure, since the end of that particular war, is all owed to their courage, fortitude, and determination to ensure a free World.
The 'Greatest Generation' is now fading in a dark sunset, but their memory still remains, for they gave their today, for our tomorrow.
(Sorry for any perceived emotion - it's late, memories are stirring .....)

Terry, thank you for opening you heart here...I´ve never known that before... ...
I´ll send you (by e-mail) a letter that was supposed to be only for Joe´s family. Nic read it to the people during the burial service today.
I´m writing you now from Talafa pub. Before we got here (9 pm), we went with Anton to the mass grave of American fliers and lit 2 candles for Joe there.
I spoke to Joe´s wife, daughter and Nic 3 hours ago. They said Joe had beatiful military burial.
I´ll send you some pics as soon as i get them from Joe´s family.
Take care buddy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back