My Future Model Build, The Fw 190A-8 of Konrad "Pitt" Bauer....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thing is, this plane is really going to be bluish, is it not??? This does not look bluish....
24.gif

Thing is, this plane is really going to be bluish, is it not??? This does not look bluish....
24.gif

Unfortunately RLM76 was identified in many tonalities.In the mid of 1944 the colour was really different from the one used in 1940-1943.It depended on how many layers there were painted on a plane and if there was a primer or not.Therefore it is difficult to say without a good quality colour pic if the bluish tonality is right.Many modellers paint their models as the manual showes.Simply if there is stated that it was RLM 76 and it is suggested to use the Testors paint for instance,they paint using the colour and it doesn't matter of what tonality it is.Personally I like the blue-greenish tonality because the grey-dark grey camo pattern is quite boring.If the bluish tonality suits you ,go with it.

Les actually Bauers A-8 is painted up in similiar camo to the A-8 Sturms of JG 4 on 27 September 44 as you have in your pwoerful siggy. Yes at first it was thought that the RLM 76 for the heavy Sturms and A-8's of the Sturmgruppen all were the high altitude overall Blue with just a hint of grey some eyars ago, after talking with the veterans further they are indeed a very light grey overall with dark grey splotching over the top - this is for all 3 Sturmgruppen and their associated A-8's that flew with the staffeln, kn fact some of Jg 300's of II. gruppe even have an almost meander like paint scheme over the fuselage top and sides making them look over all pretty dark. the German jg 300 site is incorrect and Crandalls books volume 1/2 are straight up right. In fact what we find in latter 1944 into 1945 about the only fighter using a lighter shade of RLM 76 with a true blue color was in 10.(N)/JG 300 Bf 109G-6/As and G-14/AS as well as NJG 11 109's and of course the Ju 88G-6's of the Nachtjagd gruppen some a very blue while in most cases an almost blue white, the blue being very pale in colour but still catergorized as RLM 76

W : the original kites camo is actually darker than that. Les give EE time and Hans's decals and profiles will be available, they will do all the profiles up in decal form in time

well I am pulling out EE dora book right now, in from the rain and putting up Christmas lights .
+-
grey-violet and bright green fuselage spine though it is dark, the sides are grey. did you know there were 2 yellow tails flown by Hans ? Black 1 and yellow 1 both with yellow tails

also a black 10 in JG 26 with a yellow tail and not his.

Wurger sorry yes red 1 is pretty much spot on I was referring to his JG 26 mounts

thought I would throw this pic of a 4./JG 301 in fall of 44 ...note camo on this A-9 and lack of outer 20mm's so the pilot could battle the P-51's. the a/c has a blue number.

pic courtesy of P. Rodeike

luftpictwo.jpg

Nice pic.THX.
The camo pattern looks like a standard one but without spots mostly on sides.Although the spinner seems to be semi-gloss the rest of the Wurger is rather matt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back