My Return To Modeling, The Bf 109F-4 of Viktor Bauer...

:D
 
If you have any painters tape, that works good too. Use Elmers Glue for your clear parts. Avoid a paint scheme that makes judicious use of feathering.
This will help hide the fact that you don't have an airbrush.
 
Well heres the shot.... As u can tell, the colors are wrong... I still havent painted the bottom yet.... That will happen soon enough...
 

Attachments

  • Halloweenie 009.jpg
    Halloweenie 009.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 163
You managed to get those lines really nice and clean! Excellent work!
 
Hi Les,
I think everything is OK..Have you mixed these colour,you have?For me the painting looks graet.Although a quality if the paint layers is not visible ( it is needed to be close up) and not finished yet I tell you ,well done.:D
 
Hey Les.... you havn't lost your touch, you old devil. Looks good....
Where's the cartridge ejection covers for the wings ? Where's the
canopy ? Minor details.......

Charles
 
I'll echo the above :)
 
Couple more pics of progress.... I have now finished the underside with the correct RLM color since these pics were taken.... I ll take some new pics tomorrow..
 

Attachments

  • Halloweenie 047.jpg
    Halloweenie 047.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 159
  • Halloweenie 046.jpg
    Halloweenie 046.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 158
OK, new pics.... As u can see, i still have some work to do, touchups/weathering etc.....

I was thinking of doing a few bullet holes... Any advice on the proper way of doing them???
 

Attachments

  • Halloweenie 075.jpg
    Halloweenie 075.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 148
  • Halloweenie 076.jpg
    Halloweenie 076.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 145
  • Halloweenie 077.jpg
    Halloweenie 077.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 124
It looks great!

All those triangle shapes are cool, are they supposed to be a camoflauge of a fields laid out I wonder?
 
Les, For bullet holes, I first decide if they're coming or going, what kinda round caused it and are they singular or in a row, so to speak.

I take a sharp pointed exacto knife tip and make a light drilling action with it until the point penetrates the plastic. I can then heat up the knife blade and use it to mold the plastic outward or however is best. And most holes are irregular so I try to keep that in mind without over doing it. But I practice on some scrap plastic or crap Tamiya model :lol: until it looks good.
 
nice progress les
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back