My soccer season isn't looking good.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
Well all this week my team has started training and what have you for our 2009 season. Yesterday during a scrimmage a friend of mine and I were both going for the ball. He missed because I got to the ball first and kicked me in the left foot. I have 2 broken toes now (He has a great leg and it was a very hard kick). UGH :evil:

Depending on my recovery I can be ready by the beginning of the season. I have to wait and see what the doctor says.

Then you must be in minority Harrison. As I understand soccer isn't that much popular in US as in Europe or South America. Wish you speedy recovery.

You are young and will heal fast. You will be playing before you know it. Which toes were broken? I broke the little one about 7 years ago. Hey, I can cut them off for you, if you think it will help? :lol:

DBII

Soccer. Were doing a whole bunch of stuff. Switching the field , crossing the ball, and we have cleats and shin guards. Then more person things like agility and ball handling.

DB It's the Big toe and the one next to it. I don't want to loose my toes just yet!

lol yeah, realise now there was two ways to read that question
I meant what are you training in - what are you wearing?

Full coverage shin pads and decent boots, don't skimp or your season will be either late or short. Or both.
Good luck with the healing process.

Thanks, since it for the most part non contact it's black shorts and black shirt the says Lynx the Team name.

Lol its a dumb name the "Tewksbury Lynx"'

since it for the most part non-contact
non-contact? yeah riiight!
don't let the non-contact label fool you, if you've got 20 guys running around outfield, sooner or later you're going to get contact; the nature of the game dictates that that contact will be in the form of kick injuries.

The basic tools of soccer are legs'n'lungs, look after both. What do you guys call 'circuit traing' over there - ideal. Most of the elements of boxing training too (bar the actual punching each other). Jogging builds stamina but don't regularly run too far, funnily enough, you'll only turn into a long-distance runner.

Well all this week my team has started training and what have you for our 2009 season. Yesterday during a scrimmage a friend of mine and I were both going for the ball. He missed because I got to the ball first and kicked me in the left foot. I have 2 broken toes now (He has a great leg and it was a very hard kick).

Auch ! is your friend a brazilian defender perhaps ? I hope get better and back in the pitch soon man.

Last edited:
OUCH, the big toe is not cool. You need that one to walk. You better keep the toes B-17. I hope you are better and running around soon.

DBII

I wish you a very speedy recovery.

And soccer as a non-contact sport? Yeah, right! :lol:
I used to play for Måløv when I lived there, and we girls sure weren't afraid to get physical in the pretty violent way when we played. I've seen my fellow soccer friends pick up knocked-out teeth, get bruised in all sorts of unwelcome places, and then there's the classic:
Trying to kick the ball so hard it'll fly quite a distance - and then misjudging the target (ball) and hammering the foot into the frozen ground (- gravel field). Ooooh she cried! Fortunately, the ambulance didn't take long to arrive, and off she went. That was one involuntary prolonged soccer break, as she had broken some toes, fractured a couple of bones in the foot, and almost torn some of the sinews that runs on top of the foot. Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. She recovered, but afterwards she was more careful when kicking the soccer ball. Oh, and we lost our best forward for quite a while. ;)

Shin guards and some good sturdy soccer boots ought to protect quite a lot, but the cleats on the boots can be real murder if you play without shin guards and socks around the ankles, and someone gets you cleats first with your opponent's foot sliding down the length of the shin. From my own experience - the damage isn't great, but: That HURTS! My GOD that HURTS! :lol:

A good thing can be a pair of short, thick extra socks underneath the soccer socks - they'll dampen the impact a bit, if an opponent steps on your foot/toes, and it might spare you some damage.
Get well ASAP. ;)

The worst play is the one in wich the ball is bad passed and isnt sure for any side, just is bouncing in the middle of 2 players and the two dudes going to creazy to catch it, I be seen ugly injuries in that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back