My "Stuka"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The same like in your thread about Bf109 Charles.:D :D
Nice progress Dear Friend.:cool:

This afternoon I painted the top surfaces with RLM 71, the lighter of the
camo colors. Now I have to tape off the camo pattern and do the swartzgrun.
I think I'll let everything dry for a couple of days.

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_0476.JPG
    DSC_0476.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC_0477.JPG
    DSC_0477.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 109
Is there a reason to wait? I have never had a problem with a paints which dry quickly and then applying an overcoat in an hour or so. Is this related to the paper models specifically or a something that is recommended? And why?

What am I missing Mr. C?

:thumbright:

Sometimes if you mask too soon you can get problems with the masking tape marking or imprinting in the paint., and I would certainly take a little extra care with a 'paper/balsa' model as this would be less rigid than a plastic model.

Matt: Wayne is correct. The surfaces are quite a bit different, and the paint
needs to be very dry, or the tape will lift it off. My garage stays above 85 F,
so it should have a baking effect on the paint. I doubt that I will have any
free time before the weekend anyway.

Charles

:thumbup: No real reason then. Just wondered.

Matt, I agre with Wayne and Charles totally.But you should know, the being in a hurry is needed when you want to catch fleas only.:lol: (Polish saying) :lol:I have seen many nice models that could be but their painting was screwed up by too quick attempt. :(

I agree with you Matt partialy only.Mostly there is no need to wait but painting is the final and the most important thing in modelling.All effords have taken so far coould be wasted.All paint makers tell us that all their paints are dry in 6-7 houres for oil enamels and 3-4 houres for acrylic ones.I think it is not true.All paints no matter of what kind these are, need 24 houres for drying basicly.Metalizers need even a week.I remeber when being on the first level English course I was making a model of HMS Ark Royal for my friend.I had to put some amount of a putty on surfaces under the water line in order to get these smooth ( the model was made of cartoon).Then it was sanded and sprayed with the green paint with the resin base.The paint needed almost three days to get dry.I sprayed it in the late afternoon then the model was put away for some days.The next day shortly before we went out our room my friend dropped into and touching the sprayed model with his fingers he asked if it had been dried.Unfortunately it still wasn't and he left his finger-mark on the nice green smooth surface.I was so angry of him but he said it was his model and should have been signed.Horror......Therefore I like better waiting to hurry.:)

Charles I am going to be really looking forward to this and other models not finished quite yet after I get back from my trip overseas ........

I agree with you Matt partialy only.Mostly there is no need to wait but painting is the final and the most important thing in modelling.All effords have taken so far coould be wasted.All paint makers tell us that all their paints are dry in 6-7 houres for oil enamels and 3-4 houres for acrylic ones.I think it is not true.All paints no matter of what kind these are, need 24 houres for drying basicly.Metalizers need even a week.I remeber when being on the first level English course I was making a model of HMS Ark Royal for my friend.I had to put some amount of a putty on surfaces under the water line in order to get these smooth ( the model was made of cartoon).Then it was sanded and sprayed with the green paint with the resin base.The paint needed almost three days to get dry.I sprayed it in the late afternoon then the model was put away for some days.The next day shortly before we went out our room my friend dropped into and touching the sprayed model with his fingers he asked if it had been dried.Unfortunately it still wasn't and he left his finger-mark on the nice green smooth surface.I was so angry of him but he said it was his model and should have been signed.Horror......Therefore I like better waiting to hurry.:)

:salute: All points well taken, Wurger. I too recall the horrors of working with metalized paints (silver. aluminum, metal, etc) where even hours late a finger print could occur. So I acquiesce. You are so right sir.

Man I wish I had time for all the models in my attic...

I just don't want to wish away my boys time at home. Different times. Different focus.

Thanks, Wurger.

Oh and btw the eyes are good. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back