MY WORLD

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My new ride, only 190hrs and still has that new grader smell. The 24 is a bit different than the 24M and a lot more powerful. Rumour has it we will be getting rid of the 24M and getting another 24.

new grader pppffft !
i got a new veg peeler last week ! :lol:
IMG_20190802_145824.jpg

This is what I see about 200 times a day only its travelling at about half speed, 450 tonnes of yellow. This was the best of seven tries as I had the camera balanced on my leg so I could concentrate on operating.

When I used to haul sand and gravel a couple of the quarries I used to load at had those things buzzing around. When your in a truck and transfer and one of those things goes whizzing by all the sudden you feel kinda small.

We have a large wash bay but I don't think its automated. There are four water canons at each corner of an elevated walk way and assorted hoses at ground level. The only time I was in the wash bay there was a guy manually using one of the canons

I want one as my daily drive. Will scare the shiete out of the electric people and as a bonus parking will not be a problem anywhere. Wheel clamp this you over payed, under achieving ticket tout. I dare you... Ask yourself, Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Thought I would update my Heavy Equipment Operator status. I was signed off on the 24M and 24 Cat graders this week. These are what I am now qualified to operate. Some of the equipment will look similar but each has some differences that need to be learned. Eg: the 24 has more power, a better transmission and automatic cross-slope option. A far better machine than the 24M.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpeg
9.jpg
10.jpg
10A.png
11.jpg
12.jpg
12.png
13.jpg
14.jpg

In two weeks I start training on the D10 dozer

1579113682616.png

Last edited:
Hope so Andy. Thanks Hugh. Just found out Google Earth has done a bunch of updates and the mine is finally there. Before it was just a bunch of trees.

1579140547505.png

1. Phase 3 - the depth right now is 905 meters above sea level. We've dug down 255 metres in 6 years. The pit is expanding to the left
  2. Phase 8 - current elevation to the left is 1160 and will join up with Phase 3 and also go South towards #3
  3. The large building is the plant. To the right of this is the Admin building, shop, line-up building, geology and environment buildings
  4. Camp
  5. Water supply for the plant. The little white dot to the left of the #5 is the pump barge
  6. Portable crusher. They make road crush for the winter and the dam core material for the summer
  7. Lay-down. A large parking lot for the mobile equipment
  8. Powder magazine
A - B: this is the dam. A is Section 2 or 2 kilometre. B is Section 8 or 8 kilometre. A 3 metre lift is put all the way around every year. The dam will eventually stretch along the roads from B to A to totally enclose the tailings and water

Users who are viewing this thread

Back